1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN NY] Howard could be interested in Knicks in FA

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Deuce, Mar 8, 2016.

1. MattM

MattM Member

Agree with all of this, but if they get in the playoffs I bet Dwert plays at an elite level. He turns it on when he wants but the other 90% of the time he's lollipopping

2. Fantasma Negro

I hope he goes to the Knicks, he'll end up playing in China in two years book it. He doesn't have the stomach for that city or the mental strength to take the level of criticism that the New York media levies on its players

3. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Member

I know. Like the other night when he fought for a rebound and tipped it out to Terry for the 3 pointer at the end of the game.

Just padding stats though. lulz.

4. larsv8

larsv8 Member

I like Dwight, I hope he stays.

I hope we can find a way to make the money work and still accomplish our Free Agency goals. (cough Dwight take min this offseason and supermax next offseason cough)

5. Zergling

Zergling Member

Dwight+Melo sounds sexy for a casual fans and a front office who focuses on appealing to such casual fans.

A FO who's interested in winning though knows this would be dumb.

But hey, they can market the hell out of a Dwight/Porzingis/Melo BIG THREE.

6. seeingred

seeingred Member

Losing wears people down. We can jabber on about how "they're paid millions of dollars to play a game" and they should be professional but, in the end, it's just human nature and we see it every year. Teams with a frustrating/losing culture have players that "check out". It may not be a total meltdown but you can see it on effort plays. Dwight doesn't run out to cover a shooter, Harden doesn't... play defense, Ariza gets beat and doesn't chase after the ball handler, etc.

We need to put the "they get paid millions so they should always play 100%" myth to bed. Money has nothing to do with it. The guys who never quit, never ease up would be playing the same way at a YMCA pick up game. It is what it is.

7. roslolian

roslolian Member

I just find it funny DD thinks Dwight is overpaid and a stat padder but then he loves Parsons :rolleyes:

A little consistency would be nice.

Dwight isn't playing hard because its his contract year, as a big man he has to reserve his health. How many time have we seen this song and dance last year? But when it is playoffs Dwights the only guy who actually shows up no matter who the competition may be, DD is like a broken record by now ever since Dwight arrived he would hate on the guy, then keep quiet in the playoffs when Dwight starts beasting and then talk about how Dwight is done in the regular season and starts hating on him again the following year. A couple of years from now Dwight will probably break down completely and then DD will finally be right.

8. Fantasma Negro

By the way, why are we using the triangle offense? James Harden is taylor made for it? Just curious

9. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Dwight should've learned his lesson from LA -

A fringe contender + massive rabid media market = trouble.

10. colt45nyc

colt45nyc Rookie

It will be good for the rockets to have Dwight leave. Dmo should be given a chance if he's 100% healthy.

11. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Member

Freaking Dwight padding his stats tonight. Makes me sick.

12. Exiled

Exiled Member

Dwight was so happy to see Cannan, he might take a vet. minimum to join 76ers