1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN NY] Howard could be interested in Knicks in FA

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Deuce, Mar 8, 2016.

1. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Honestly, for Dwight this will be a very telling offseason. If wining is a priority I don't see why he would leave (barring taking vet's min for GS/SAS/CLE). If being the number one option is the priority I could see him going to a ton of different places. If money is a priority then he goes to a team with tons of money and no chance of winning. This will really reveal what Dwight wants out of basketball.

2. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

you guys just gotta get used to these stories

they will pop up on a weekly basis

3. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

In an ego-free (sic) moment, or several, PJax would claim had he had DHo with the Lakes (instead of D'Antoni then DHo would have worked out well.

I wonder if he wants the chance to 'prove it'?

And, yes - - Howard wants _______ and/or ________ wants Dwight will be prevalent for the next 4 or so months. Whoo--effen--pee.

4. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I don't know how true this is because I haven't looked up the stats, but it seems we play better as a team on both sides the last few games with Capela in the game over dwight. Clint is the superior shot blocker at this point in there careers I don't think anyone can dispute that.

I think the main difference in howard and Clint on offense is that when Clint sets the pick up top for harden he can recieve the pass high and drive it to the hoop, howard either can't or refuses to do this.

It's a very big rinkle in the offense is the center can receive the pass drive the lane and either take a shot at the run or pass it out to a shooter.

If it was up to me I would focus on grooming Capela for next year, lock him in the gym all summer practicing freethrows and lifting weights. Having him as the starting center allows the team to really go all out in a push to bring in horford and KD.

Capela
    Horford
    KD
    JH
    Bev

Bench

groudlock(sp)
    Ariza
    Dmo
    Freeagent center
    Harrell
    Beasley
    Dekker

That's a contender with a strong bench.

5. basketballholic

Clint Capela has already proven that he is not ready....at least for this season. He has not proven capable of dealing with all the banging and beating down low. He has been dominated physically when he goes up against bigs that bump and grind. He's simply not ready. Looking good for 10 minutes in a single game when he isn't in the regular rotation is one thing. Looking good for 30 minutes a game, night after night, is a whole different thing.

6. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Capela looked alright for awhile this season but then seemed to hit some sort of wall. It wasn't the same malaise that seemed to instill in other Rockets a certain "could-give-a-f***"; rather, a regression, whether it was from fatigue or flailing about trying to make his own corner of the offense work.

He seemed to start studying Drummond's free throw technique and TJones' (not)-finishing-at-the-rim technique.

I have hopes for the kid, but every offseason Captain Morey will throw anything overboard that might not serve the voyage he envisions, especially after Detroit pulled that fast one over the 1st rounder.

7. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

I still don't see how Pistons can legally do that. What stops every other trade on the deadline from panning out like that? On the other hand if Dwight doesn't want to be here then GTFO.

8. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

This team can dethrone gsw.

9. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

In other words, He just gets a good roster and then exudes zen.

10. Victorious

Victorious Member

Lol yeah I'm sure a team will give him Max money because Dwight had a good game against them. Just one game is all it takes!

11. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

For:

[​IMG]

12. Cypress

Cypress Member

$$$$$$$$$$$$$ talks

13. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

He's gone for nothing but at least it frees up cap space. That's the bright side.

14. alethios

alethios Member

They won't have to give up anything to get him, but it's nice to dream.

15. malakas

malakas Member

whoever pays the most will get him. No surprise here.
    But if Phil Jackson is still the GM he shouldn't be interested in Dwight. He's an awful fit for the triangle.

16. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

if he doesnt stay for 15mil per ima chokeslam that mug

17. Juxtaposed Jolt

I think any NBA player would like NY.

Porzingis, Phil as owner...and it's freakin' NY.

18. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

19. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

Best news I heard all day

20. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

The same fans that once supported Dwight have become part of the group of fans around the league who find ways to hate him based on irrational or false ideas.