1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

[ESPN] NBARank - Harden's Rank

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Arthurprescott2, Apr 8, 2013.

?

Where does Harden Land?

Poll closed May 8, 2013.
  1. #5-7

290 vote(s)
    48.0%
  2. #8-10

225 vote(s)
    37.3%
  3. #11-15

70 vote(s)
    11.6%
  4. #16-20

19 vote(s)
    3.1%
  1. Captain Hook

Captain Hook Member

Blake Griffin is definitely not better then James Harden

2. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

ironically, harden has been better than kobe at just about everything this year except shot volume, and that sadly includes defense :p

3. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

To put that in perspective, Harden scores a little under 26 on 17 shots, and 10 free throws (so call it a combined 22), Kobe scores 27 on 20.5 shots and 8 free throws (so call it a combined 24.5).

So he scores 1.2 less ppg on 2.5 less equivalent shots.

But Harden turns it over a lot? well he does, 3.6 turnovers per game, Kobe at 3.7 turns it over more, so even that is at best a wash.

Kobe has a higher fg %, but James shoots nearly 2 more 3s per game (at a much higher clip), so the efg% is better for James, as is the TS% which slants further as he's both a slightly better free throw shooter that also shoots more.

Then you have James on 4.8 rebs, 5.9 assists, 1.7 steals, 0.5 blocks, and Kobe on 5.5 rebs, 6.1 assists, 1.3 steals and 0.3 blocks, those stats are much awash, and well their defenses are both kinda crappy...

James is also leading a team of Jeremy Lin, Chandler Parsons, Omer Asik, and insert your own adventure to a better record than Dwight Howard, Pau Gasol, Steve Nash and MWP.

1 person likes this.
  4. CCorn

CCorn Member

^^^^ but but espn tells me Kobe is playing one of his best seasons ever!

5. qwertzy

qwertzy Member

this season I rank higher then harden james, Durant,kobe,melo,paul,george,lma,parker,duncan.m gasol,.so harden will be somewhere between 10-15

6. Ming The King

Ming The King Member

Kobes defense is worst than hardens. Al least in this season

7. CCM721

CCM721 Member

Aldridge and Paul George have already been announced 15-30.

8. Jontro

Jontro Member

Sadly, Harden is only #2 because he's not LerBon yet.

9. OremLK

OremLK Member

Harden is better than Parker and Griffin for sure. He's at about the same level as Kobe, Wade, Duncan, and Melo, but three of those guys are getting up there in age.

10. lwlee

lwlee Member

I knew Love had 14 double-doubles out of 18 games so I assumed he was his usual self. Just checked, he was shooting .370 fg%. He definitely lost something. Drop was deserved.

11. lwlee

lwlee Member

What's up with you people and Tim Duncan??? His stats are 17.7ppg/10rpg. Compare him this year to Bosh, Aldridge and Griffin. He's not that much better. No longer top 10. Parker is the main man in SA.

12. Albinoswordfish

The Spurs are on top of the West, and Duncan unlike Aldridge, Bosh, and Griffin completely changes the game on the defensive side of the floor. As long as Duncan is on the Spurs they will be a top 3 team in the West. That's how big of a impact he has on a team.

13. CCM721

CCM721 Member

He was coming off a broken hand. I'd imagine that probably affected his shooting touch.

14. l4z4rd

l4z4rd Member

imo Harden should be ranked ~11-15 due to his matador D.

15. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

I am assuming that harden will be around 13-15 right above curry

Espn will definitley put Westbrook over him sooo

1.James
    2.Durant
    3. CP3
    4.Kobe
    5. Westbrook
    6. Marc Gasol
    7. Parker
    8. Wade
    9. howard
    10. Melo
    11. duncan
    12 Dirk
    13 I say this is the earliest Espn lests harden go...

(not my list) just saying I bet that is around where harden is

16. Albinoswordfish

Wow talk about putting down the Rocket's players. I'm a Laker fan and I would gladly swap Jeremy Lin with Nash, Parsons for MWP, and heck even Asik for Gasol. Nash and Gasol have been injured for large parts of the season and MWP has been abysmal the entire year offensively (40% fg :p) and pretty average defensively. Howard has been very inconsistent the entire season. You should watch the Lakers instead of just listing names.

17. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

None of the above. I was saying Kobe couldn't lead a team with a couple of great players to the play-offs.
    I'm a big fan of Asik and Parsons, But Gasol and Howard are better players (and Nash probably also). Because of age I would't trade Asik and Parsons for Nash or Gasol. But it is pathetic how bad the Lakers have been with such prime talent.

People here underestimate the influence Duncan has on games. His stats are not exceptional anymore, but watch some Spurs games he is still a great player (better than Kobe)

18. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

Anyone claiming that Harden doesn't deserve top 10 because of his lackluster D, but claims that Kobe and Melo are better is a hypocrite or biased. As shown above, Harden's offensive output is right with those two guys, and they don't play defense either.

Regardless of past defensive awards, Kobe hasn't deserved any mention in defensive rankings for the last few years.

19. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

Going to predict 7th or 8th.

20. felixng2012

felixng2012 Member

:rolleyes:. Your not a homer.