1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] Melo Intends to opt out

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SC1211, Jun 13, 2014.

1. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

^^^^^^

[​IMG]

2. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

LeBron is on the decline. His time is up. He is a coward who goes where it's easy going. No way he comes to the ultracompetitive West. He'd much rather put up numbers and stats while stream roll throught the joke that is the East. What happened to the not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4.......

Don't want LeBron - he got no heart or fight, takes the easy way out

Just get Melo who has West experience and maybe Love and call it a day. We'll put up 150 every game

Oh fire the clueless McHale and hire a real coach

3. finsraider

finsraider Member

Agree. Hopefully, like Dwight, he's willing to give up that 5th guaranteed year.

4. PhatPharaoh

PhatPharaoh Member

LeBron is already getting past his prime/about to exit it. From here on out he will most likely decline. I would much rather have Love and have a dynasty possibility for the next 5-7 years. I highly doubt LeBron 3-5 years from now is anywhere near as good as he has been the last 4 years.

5. Solaris

Solaris Member

Throw McHale in as the sweetener for the trade.

6. flipmode

flipmode Member

i feel way better about melo coming to houston than i did about dwight.

i mean, are you really going to go to chicago and pair with noah and 1/3 season of derrick rose (who will inevitably get hurt again and retire?) that team is the knicks in a different color.

and dallas? to pair with monta and dirk, two guys who can't do jack without the ball in their hands? seriously? that's monta's team for the next 5 years and everyone knows it.

we'll take melo, but will he and harden coexist? who will play defense?

7. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

what strange world do you live in?

8. hooroo

hooroo Member

[​IMG]

9. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Melo's options aren't pretty.

1) New York. Guaranteed to waste a year while Jackson puts together his 2015 plan. Unproven head coach in Fisher. Offers the most money, though.

2) Chicago. Rose's injury history is SCARY. Will have to gut the team of almost all supporting players to sign there. Best coach and great center.

3) Houston. Play with two all-stars in their twenties and some young role players as well. Bad coach and terrible playoff record.

4) Dallas. Dirk and Marion are old. Monta is a ballhog. Great coach and owner.

I think Houston is a better option than the others, but far from the ideal situation for him.

10. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

GTFO.......

11. Hmm

Hmm Member

What's the source for this...? I'm assuming it's some sort of Filipino/Thai take on the "bachelorette" or some similar type of show....

At least the girl was direct... but, that poor devil... To be dismissed so directly in front of an entire tv viewing audience...

12. JJHardLin

JJHardLin Member

This is the dumbest post I read all day

13. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

It is the bachelorette in China, it is quite fun, and some man from USA go to the show too.

14. finsraider

finsraider Member

Fair enough, but I continue to believe that McHale isn't percieved the same way in NBA circles as he is by some Houston fans. He was dealt a bad hand having to play TJones and DMo significant minutes at the 4.

If we add Melo and someone that can move the ball at either guard spot (Llull), everyone will be singing McHales praises.

15. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

I won't. I'm not fond of Miami Heat coach either though.

16. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I have video of our new offense in panda form

Melo getting the ball in our half court offense

[​IMG]

Parsons letting Melo know he is open

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  17. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

So, you want Melo, but not Lebron?

18. hooroo

hooroo Member

It's a Chinese dating show. It's pretty funny especially when the women are too honest.

<iframe width="480" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/bbl7OC0qR7I?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

You can view episodes from the link below but need the Hola extension (for Firefox/Chrome) to disguise your location to Australia.
    http://www.sbs.com.au/ondemand/program/664/If-You-Are-The-One

19. CCorn

CCorn Member

I feel the same way. I want Houston to beat Lebron.

20. Nook

Nook Member

This shiet has gotten out of control. The Rockets have had Harden/Howard together for one season. They lost to a Portland team that was ahead of them in the standings for 80% of the season AND the Blazers had the same record as the Rockets... the series was extremely close... just shake my damn head...