1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN/Marc Stein]Scola Worried About Being Moved In The Offseason?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets934life, Mar 19, 2010.

1. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

[ESPN/Marc Stein]Scola Was Worried About Being Moved at The Deadline

Also a small note in Kevin Martin...

http://espn.go.com/nba/dailydime/_/page/dime-100319-20/nba-jam

#1 rockets934life, Mar 19, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2010
  2. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I see that as a positive thing. It means Scola really likes Houston.

3. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

but his value going up is not a good thing if the rockets wish to resign him

4. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

I think the fact that he said something about it in his Sina blog means it was really bothering him before the deadline. I don't think that we need an anonymous source to tell us that... we could see it on the court. I think it was bothering all of them.

In all honesty, I think that since the trade of Landry, unless something too unbelievably good to pass up occurs Scola will be back here next season.

5. rocketsmetalspd

Scola should be a Rocket next year. The team should not move anyone, the rest of the team needs to play at least the first half of next season with Yao. If it is not looking good then the team should make a move at next season's trading deadline.

6. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

scola is one of morey's prized finds. his play speaks for itself.

only in a bosh-type-of-acquisition does scola get moved.

next year scola will be even better next to yao...

7. Prince

Prince Member

I'm sure he's not a greedy person. he needs a raise but not as much as Yao. Not saying that Yao is more productive but Yao has some other added value to the team.

8. 523744

523744 Member

Misleading title. It says nothing about the off-season, it says that a possibility of why he has been playing so well is because the burden of the trade deadline was passed and no matter how much management told him he wouldn't be moved it "Seeped into his psyche" No where does it say anything about moved in the offseason

9. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I agree. And I think there is a good chance he will still be around even if the Rockets end up with something "unbelievably good like a Chris Bosh. Even with Bosh in the fold, it's still worth keeping him at a reasonable contract for a good sixth man (i.e. something in the $6-8 mil range, I think) given the uncertain health of Yao Ming.

BTW, one thing I am noticing is that Scola's been getting and hitting a ton of open 15 footers. Typically the 2 pt J by the PF/C is one of the less efficient shots out there and teams happily concede those rather than, say, giving up a layup to Brooks/Martin or an open 3-- and lately the Rockets have been forcing that choice upon opposing teams a lot with Brooks/Martin combo and nice ball/man movement.

It's a very nice thing to have when the shot that the opposing team concedes is one that you hit at a very good clip.

#9 Carl Herrera, Mar 19, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2010
  10. doboyz

doboyz Contributing Member

Yall need to take some more reading comprehension classes, the article is stating he is playing better cause he was afraid of being traded before the deadline. Very misleading title.

11. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

I don't think we should move anyone next year, with current roaster that we have, Yao coming back next year, and we add backup center for Yao ( maybe Camby) we can contend.

12. Xsatyr

Xsatyr Member

This.

13. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Very true, sorry if the title isn't a bit more clear but the title is more a question, thus the question mark, then a statement. I assumed that if the guy was worried at the deadline about leaving then why shouldn't he be in the offseason even after he is re-signed. I'll change it...

14. saintja2

saintja2 Contributing Member

We can't exactly trade him seeing he will become a restricted free agent if he doesn't take our qualifying offer (125% of his salary now). I'm assuming we'll make it because I don't see any advantage for the Rockets i they don't.

If he so badly wants to play here, he can just take the offer and become a free agent again next year.

His "worst case scenario" is that somebody pays him so much money that Morey isn't willing to match it.

These sign&trade ideas for Bosh are premature at best because we just can't ship his ass there without his consent.

15. HoustonRockets

I don't know about that. Scola deserves the money. He has earned it.

16. Prince

Prince Member

Did I say he doesn't deserve a raise?

17. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

That article wasn't indicating Scola was worried about the off-season. He was worried about a mid-season trade.

18. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

Scola needs to thank Martin for replacing Battier in the lineup and for the fat raise that he will get.

19. saintja2

saintja2 Contributing Member

Scola needs to thank Morey for trading Landry so Scola can play the whole game.

20. xiki

xiki Contributing Member