1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ESPN Magazine: Westside Story

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Da Man, Sep 17, 2002.

1. Loco Gringo

Loco Gringo Member

Wonder if the rockets can get Lucas as an assistant coach at some stage.. him and francis seem to have an awesome friendship..

Just on the rashard note, I know he sounds great in the report .. but every time he'll need to be signed-up, hes going to take 5 months to agree while telling everyone hes going elsewhere..

I don't know if you guys need that headache.. but i sure don't

2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Thanks for clueing us in to the other article, ron. I was sorry that we let Jones go at the time. He's going to be an asset to a team in the League, maybe Luke and Cleveland.

For our Chinese friends... read these articles closely and you will begin to understand why we longtime Rocket fans are unhappy with Yao not being here to work on his game.

This is where the BEST players in the League come to work on their game (and to live, in many cases. How about THAT as an answer to "That backward, conservative, non-diversified, etc., etc. Houston."). It is why Yao being here to train, work-out, and learn the game at it's highest level would be of the utmost benefit to China in the coming Olympics.

Look beyond the end of your nose. Take the long view... China is famous for that, and justly so. This is said with all sincerity.

3. NUMBER1HR

NUMBER1HR Member

What an article. This makes basketball the greatest sport ever. The trash talking, between the legs dribbling, high flying action. Makes us native Houstonians feel great about the city we LOVE. To Live and Die in Houston!

4. RocketScientist

RocketScientist Contributing Member

Man this makes me so hype! There is nothing like the hopes of a great season wating to begin...

Yall remember the offseason of 95!?

MVP! MVP! MVP!

5. CLFranchise

CLFranchise Contributing Member

The summer after the Spurs won their championship, I saw Mario Elie in Point Royale, which is a neighborhood connected to New Territory in Sugarland. I don't know if he still lives there, but his house was on the lake. Barkley's house (don't know if he still lives there either) was a couple of streets down from Mario's house.

6. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

we should have 3 goals this year.

1. win 50+ games

2. make the playoffs

3. don't get swept

7. kuj007

kuj007 Member

well, considering what the Cavs' record is going to be over the next few years, he'll probably be available.

His only hope is that they are lucky enough to get LeBron James somehow, and then he turns out to be so good, so quick that they win soon.

So, in short, Luke will be available. Willing is a whole 'nuther question...

8. speedball

speedball Contributing Member

I was at westside the other day and got to see some of these guys playing tennis for the first time. it was hella funny! they had all the athletic footwork down, but they looked akward as f- trying to hit the ball. cassell, horry, van exel, elie, mooch and the cat. elie was the only one with game.

then i caught a glimpse of mo taylor--geeezuz he is STACKED! muscles everywhere! summer paid off.:eek: