1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN/MacMahon] "Houston Rockets owner Tilman Fertitta excited about future of the NBA franchise"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Deuce, May 12, 2021.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

how many more times are you going to say good luck and all like it matters.

The posting that tells it like it is, is what he deserves and yeah it's realism. much more preferable as opposed to being fake and acting like everything is fine

2. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

There's a difference between singing kumbaya and constantly arguing / trying to get in the last word. If someone disagrees with you, even on the most innocuous thing, the back-and-forth goes on for pages.

mikol13, burlesk and xtruroyaltyx like this.
  3. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

That's actually really fair and an excellent point. We can control our reaction to an arrogant, bombastic owner though. I know I've personally acknowledged in my heart that Tilman has a lot of douche in him, but that he's going to remain the owner. I'm more concerned with Stone and his skills in handling Sir Bombastic.

Maybe I'm trying to be too Telflon Don ("john gotti" always dodged trouble) with my approach to Tilman and not enough Don Corleone. Don Corleone was a little more direct about the way he handled debates. You anti-Tilman folks out there have real points and the hate sent his way does end up being a bit of a shotgun blast that makes it easier to ignore. However there is power behind those shots fired that I am interested in hearing. @DonatelloLimestone is helping me see a few of these points. My apologies if my argument style has felt like invalidation. That's not cool of me. Here's what I'm getting from my most recent understanding of the Tilman hate:

1) Fans feel lied to
    2) Quit lying
    3) Repeat

I get that and that's completely valid.

mikol13, burlesk, topfive and 2 others like this.
  4. kkthksbai

kkthksbai Member

I’m excited for our young guys too despite the current record. Unfortunately, I can’t say I’m excited to see how he’s going to handle the rebuild going forward.

I can’t control what Tillman does so I choose to focus on the positives.

burlesk and don grahamleone like this.
  5. D-rock

D-rock Member

"I'm not defending Tilman" then proceeds to defend Tilman.

LOL

mikenm268, Nook, ico4498 and 2 others like this.
  6. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

7. D-rock

D-rock Member

Picture is worth a thousand words.

Shut up and listen Tilly.

burlesk likes this.
  8. D-rock

D-rock Member

The Rockets lost a multitude of franchise legends in offseason and in regular season.

LEGENDS

But of course Tilly is excited.

napalm06 likes this.
  9. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

We will just agree to disagree.

10. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I don't really either but he so much more than his basketball takes at this point.

Nook likes this.
  11. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Nope. We both agree. The Celtics are 1 game above .500 invincible world beaters they are.

lol

jiggyfly likes this.
  12. YOLO

YOLO Member

1 win away from the NBA finals

CCity Zero and Nook like this.
  13. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Was anyone debating that Boston was capable of this?

Seems like a super lukewarm take.

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

Did you mean incapable, cause the answer is absolutely yes. Apparently Tatum and browns win shares say they’re underwhelming and 1 game above .500 world beaters LOL

15. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Boston went through a bunch of turmoil to get to this point too. You saying Rockets won't even sniff what Boston is doing feels like you're just hating because you hate tilman. it's possible.

ElPigto and Salvy like this.
  16. YOLO

YOLO Member

The rockets won’t sniff what Boston has done in all the years Tatum/brown have been Celtics. They’ll be lucky to get a taste of experiencing a play in spot in that same time span

17. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Just last year people were wondering if Boston should trade Brown. It's a spicy take. anything can happen in a few years.

Salvy likes this.
  18. YOLO

YOLO Member

No only idiots were wondering that. Tatum and Boston never actually did. I don’t know why folks use well people were wondering as if that actually bears meaning. All this anything can happen nonsense is just laughable. Folks acting like this rockets team is going to sniff playoffs runs including an already conference finals appearance like Tatum/brown have already done is hilarious.

Going from the worst team in consecutive years and one of the worst again this coming year. Then suddenly turning into Boston is literally impossible

19. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

You hate tilman so much, youre betting on none of the 4 rookies picked in the deepest draft class in years will pop off at all? After you saw Green go off to end the season too? interesting.

Salvy likes this.
  20. YOLO

YOLO Member

Deepest draft class. Stop it. Another mental hoops example. Something said yearly about every class, where it’s literally said pretty much every year but suddenly is true and applies conveniently