1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN/MacMahon] "Houston Rockets owner Tilman Fertitta excited about future of the NBA franchise"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Deuce, May 12, 2021.

1. dmoneybangbang

The Tilman negativity has gone from well deserved to emo, annoying, pity party.

don grahamleone likes this.
  2. DonatelloLimestone

I get it bro, this is a wendys. Ha, its fair eough, not sure if I wasnt' engaged I'd read it myself, let alone a terrible writer spewing **** out. This is the internet, let me try again

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. ExTexanNowEastCoast

Who in the heck thinks that Mark Cuban is the best owner in the league? Cuban is an annoying a-hole who no one seems to like, which is why Dallas has had a very difficult time landing free agents. In addition, the Mavs organization has had issues with sexual harassment and other similar issues which has severely tarnished his and the teams reputation. Name the last big time, in his prime, free agent signed by the Mavs? Erick Dampier? The "great" Chandler Parsons?

Ballmer may be one of the most overrated businessmen of the last 50 years. This guy almost ran Microsoft into the ground. I mean who can forget some of Ballmer's great ideas, like Zune, Microsoft Mobile, and Windows ME? I am sure most Microsoft employees and stockholders were happy to see him leave and indulge personal hobbies. In fact, Ballmer has become richer since he "retired" and let someone else run the company, since he does own a substantial amount of stock.

I will give Ballmer credit; unlike our owner, he will spend money. BTW, can someone please explain why we could not convince Michael Dell to buy the Rockets? I mean the man is from Houston and I heard that he was very interested. What about the Duncan family? They are very rich, more than TF, and could have bought the team without taking on leverage.

This is typical of Houston: you portray yourselves as a first class city, but when its time to pay the check all of a sudden all of the wealthy people seem to have left their wallets at home. Maybe its the boom and bust cycle of the Energy Industry.

4. DonatelloLimestone

i agree, I don't know why someone can't be objective, call out someones lies, expect some accountability or honesty after bsing so much and say look man, mistakes happen, this was a **** show, you can do better. we're stuck together, do better. Like i've said time and time again, i got no prbelm calling it out when someone is bsing me, but any one in business or entreneur doesn't mean you go cry to your pillow, you want to get a deal done and we have a common goal, getting the rockets the Chip. So now do it better, I find ignoring it or allowing him to keep lying and pointing fingers just encourages more of the behavior. Let em know, hopefully he'll learn to shut up and listen. Afterwards when we get things in order for our next run, he can do all the stuff he wants. The last thing we want to talk about is the owner. I'll happily applaud and say good job tilly, stone, etc we got the ship, tough growing rookie pains. WE got it.

Like I said, I'm not selling my tickets, my nieces and nephews are still getting rockets gear for christmas, I still will buy stupid **** like my rockets beer cup. Its a part of me, before tilman, before les, so on. I'll always want the best, but if MDA is not making rotations or adjustments, call it. If russ continues to suck hurt us when he plays at 80 percent, call it. If harden needs to step it up on d, diversify his game, call it. If les is an *******, call it. I don't know, I'd love employees like this for my ego, boss everything is fantastic don't worry, you didn't **** up. but the part of me that just wants better results constant growth prefers and environment where we call eachother out on it adn get it. Its not some milenial safe space where negativity is too hurtful to my snowflake heart. its not that deep, I'm still optimistic and call out great things we can do and stone has found us a strong foundation to be excited about.

I don't know where these kids will work, entrepreneurs, corporate, whatever...it makes you worry.

Are we trying to create a home here;)?

5. DonatelloLimestone

YEp even down in courtside around Tilly we have billionaires, real estate guys, Oil/Gas energy guys, like you mentioend a couple tech guys. Tilman has gone on record he 'regularly turns down offers of 1 billion for half" because he doesn't need to and because he of his ego. A lot of these other dudes would'nt make a mural featuring himself larger than any player coach or member of the rockets,....twice... or take the mike and take public negotiations of a coach, lie to his fanbase constantly. Is there any owner that does that stuff? Even the outspoken ones or the ego drive like Dolan(thank god he likes music), we got a one of a kind Dollar Value Dolan. In any case, its texas, we do it weird, I'm down with outlandish personalities...but sheesh back it up if you're goign to do that

6. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

You're totally correct. The past is not an indicator of future success.

... which is good because the past is TOTAL crap. Lol

7. dmoneybangbang

Yep.

I just wonder if many posters are going to go full EMO and complain about every little thing. The fact that we are in a phase that doesn't require spending a lot of money bodes well.

8. dmoneybangbang

Complaining to complain is something else.....

Being that guy that takes it personal is something else.....

Being that guy that is a gatekeeper of Tilman hate is something else....

9. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

"This **** sandwich i made is surprisingly great", says local Restauranteur.

peleincubus likes this.
  10. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

I'm excited when they get off of Wall and Gordon's contract.

11. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I'm searching for someone to paint this exact mural in my bedroom. If anyone has any recommendations, please let me know.

12. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

I get the impression the owner says stuff that sounds good without ever doing the follow-up work to make it a reality. Someone reads this board and fed him that line, just like someone wrote his book for him. Fluff and bluster can carry one a long way in a business like restaurants and clubs, but when you start screwing with a sports team that people have followed since they were kids, it's a whole different story. We're serious, attentive, and invested. We're not just an occasional diner using a $10 off coupon on a Saturday. Happy talk doesn't cut it.

I don't like the owner and I don't trust him. Dude needs to sell to someone of more substance--in every sense of the word.

13. homewight

homewight Contributing Member

I would argue he has failed at everything Rockets related so far. I hope he proves me wrong. But till then actions speak louder than words.

14. topfive

topfive CF OG

Nuance is a thing of the past. Nowadays you have to either be all-in on someone/something or vehemently against them/it.

____________ is amazing, or ___________ is ruining the country. There's no in between.

That said, I'm one of the most anti-Tilman people around, and it's really hard for me to see where he's done much right since he took over. Nearly every individual step has proven to be a misstep. I guess promoting Stone seems to have been a good idea, but the jury's still out on that one, and it's hard to imagine Tilman did it for any reason other than not to have to pay more money to bring in a GM with a solid track record. Same with Silas, though that's even harder to judge based on this sh!tshow of a season. Still, he was cheaper than hiring an established winner.

With all the recent defections across the Rockets' organization, it feels almost like Tilman was determined to "drain the swamp," despite that swamp having been largely successful over most of the last decade, compared to most other franchises.

#134 topfive, May 13, 2021
    Last edited: May 13, 2021
    DonatelloLimestone likes this.
  15. homewight

homewight Contributing Member

Sounds more like a bunch of smug, entitled east coact asswipes. Just sayin'.

16. dmoneybangbang

I don't think Tilman failed at promoting Stone, so that's not everything. And frankly I don't feel like spending any energy defending Tilman aside from saying he hasn't failed at "everything" Rockets related. I just really feel that attitude is unproductive and does rocket fandom a disservice.

Luckily we are no longer in phase the requires spending a lot of money. Tilman can save his money while rebuilding the team from almost the ground up. If you do have an open mind.... Tilman sucked at Rockets.... sucked at UH football.... but did turn UH bball aorund.

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

Bingo. Tilman has done absolutely nothing to this point to give anyone any real faith on what's in store in the future. 3 years and counting and its been a complete clown show. We're going to hear the same thing next year and the year after that and after that. Rinse and repeat so on and so on

18. dmoneybangbang

Only one thing left for you to do then.....

[​IMG]

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

Have Tilman shot? he's a dumbass and the worst owner in the league and all but even I wouldn't go that far and end his life.

20. dmoneybangbang

You, breh..... turn in your rockets fan card and just put yourself out of misery.... There's nothing left for you breh..... It's time.... forever sleep.....

The Rockets will never be good again and will just move to LA. Just rest your weary head down....