1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] Lebron the GM

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Acedude, May 19, 2010.

1. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

LOL at those who don't want, arguably the best player in the league. That is absurd. If the Rockets knew they even had a 10% chance at landing him, you better rest assured that they would go all out to get him. Surround him with the players he needs, make him grow up and respect you as a GM (don't think this will be necessary with a guy like Morey) and start planning the parades. This guy WILL win at least one championship before he retires, barring injury. And please don't compare Barkley to LeBron (and I'm a huge CB34 fan), it is clear he's in another tier.

2. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

i kind of have a hard time saying that he veto'd trades outright, especially ones that made them better.

3. realmustang

realmustang Member

He's also played in a much weaker conference than the Rockets have.

4. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

Lebron has won the same number of games in the finals than the Rockets.

5. Al Calavicci

Al Calavicci Contributing Member

Silly argument. His team overachieved ONLY because of him, they really shouldn't have been there.

Besides that, if he took the Spurs to 7, I'm sure your argument would've been "Lebron has won the same number of championships as the Rockets"

If you consider all the teams who didn't win the championship every year to be complete and total failures I didn't know what to say. There are varying degrees of success. Lebron has been more successful than most, Rockets included. (Recent years, obviously)

6. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

How so? Last i checked magic forced westhead out as coach.