1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

[ESPN]LeBron skips out on reporters after Game 6 loss

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by DreaMac, May 31, 2009.

1. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

the rule is not to skip out on press conferences. Thats the letter of the law. The spirit of the law is to at least respect your opponents when they best you in a competition. And the NBA and Stern should man up and stop tiptoe-ing around LeBron. Thats the precedent for those that don't remember:

http://www.nytimes.com/1994/06/22/sports/at-10000-mum-s-the-word.html

Anthony Mason and John Starks have sometimes gotten in trouble for things they have said. Today, they got in trouble for what they didn't say.

Both Mason and Starks skipped today's interview session with the national news media and were fined $10,000 apiece by the National Basketball Association. The Knicks were fined $20,000 by the league for allowing the two players to miss the session. Both players arrived with the team at the Summit today, but while the rest of the team was being interviewed on the court, Starks and Mason simply waited in the closed Knicks' locker room for the interview session to end. When it did, reporters were cleared out of the arena, and Starks and Mason joined the Knicks for practice.​

2. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

It absolutely has a direct parallel with this situation- both acts, and this is just my opinion, of course, have to do with selfishness. I've been watching the NBA for the past 25 years, and I've seen many, many, many, many players who have been injured and showed up on the sidelines to support their teammates. Shall we go through the list? How about we just look at this year? Jameer Nelson and Kevin Garnett are the most obvious examples. From all reports, Jameer Nelson's been rehabbing and he's managed to show up to every playoff game so far. Ah, I probably used the wrong thread, but it just gets on my nerves- I don't get it- how could you not show up at the large majority of games to support your teammates?

3. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I know he is part owner of another team, but a person who can speak to Lebron is Jordan.

4. Tree-Mac

Tree-Mac Contributing Member

I wonder why people nicknamed him "KING James"? When was he "crowned" (Finals MVP)? Anyway, he is spoiled.

5. Artesticles

Artesticles Member

It's obvious you don't understand the situation regarding the McGrady injury. His doctors specifically prohibit him from traveling with his team on a regular basis. That's why he couldn't be with his mates every game. The injury situation is obviously different with Nelson/KG. That's what makes your McGrady jab even worse - it's misinformed.