1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] LeBron James to the Rockets? Here's how it could happen this summer

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Air Langhi, Jun 11, 2018.

1. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

That's terrible news! It sorta of falls in line with what the poster "rockets5630894" said about LeBron and the Lakers. According to him, LeBron met with LaVar, Lonzo, LiAngelo, and LiMelo to talk about how they were going to form a team and also try to talk LaMarcus into playing with them. Just think of the starting lineup:

Lonzo
    LiAngelo
    LaMarcus
    LeBron
    LiMelo

It's a small team but LaMarcus can bang down low with the best of them. Now, IIRC, "rockets5630894" also said that if that all of this comes to fruition, that Magic Johnson is going to the county clerk's office or is that Social Security and get his name changed to LaErvin Johnson. I think this was the high points of his post but I will have to go back and search the forum to see if I can find it. I will report back once I find it....no Almu!

sammy, apollo33, hakeem94 and 3 others like this.
  2. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Been saying Lakers all the time is a threat. U get all that plus I don't agree with the people that says he's worried about something other than winning you can do both there

3. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

4. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Yeah, that would be cool. I don't have those skills.

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/st...every-team-pitch-lebron-james-free-agency-nba

READY TO LAUNCH
    Both LeBron and the Rockets came up short against the Warriors this postseason. Perhaps the two sides can explore forming a new superteam. We hear Houston already has a thing for fitted suits.
    [​IMG]

HOME IS WHERE THE HEART IS
    Why search for a new kingdom when you already reign supreme at home? The Cavs have roster problems, yes, but they've reloaded before. If he spent the rest of his career in Cleveland, the city couldn't possibly build a statue big enough to thank him.
    [​IMG]

ULTIMATE WARRIORS
    Remember when the Warriors added KD and everyone said it'd be easy for Golden State to win everything? Well, they weren't the 1-seed this season and lost five games in the postseason, so it's clear they could use another future Hall of Famer in their lineup.
    [​IMG]

L.A. KING
    "LeBron to the Lakers" has been a rumor since, oh, approximately 2002, before he was even in the league. It's finally time to turn those Hollywood dreams into reality. Kobe fans might even stop criticizing LeBron's every move. ... Unless he fails to win them five more rings.
    [​IMG]

PROCESS THIS
    Back in 2014, James traded an aging Heat squad for a younger Cavs team to extend his title-winning window. In 2018, James could join 21-year-old Ben Simmons and 24-year-old Joel Embiid in Philly. Process that, LeBron.
    [​IMG]

WE'LL LEAVE THE AC ON
    There's no telling when we'll hear from Kawhi Leonard again, but LeBron has always spoken highly of Gregg Popovich. Why wait until the 2020 Olympics to play for the current Spurs and Team USA coach?
    [​IMG]

6. Toffeeone

Toffeeone Member

This is actually a positive note if it's true.

Why Lebron telling the Cavs so early before the deadline to opt in?

He's thinking of opted in and trade. That gives the Cavs time to work out a trade plus draft pick decision with rockets.

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

The big part is the "if it's true." No other reporter has picked this up still.

whiskeyred likes this.
  8. Bobsputin

Bobsputin Member

So if he does 'Opt-In', he can be traded anytime after that if he wanted, and Cle agreed. I was just pondering that maybe he opts in to get new teams more time to work, but with the understanding that Cle is going to trade him. If that is true, the trade may not actually happen till August (in theroy). I know LeBron would be holding up FA. He has done it before.

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2018/06/lebron-james-free-agency-decision-biggest-factors

10. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

Vivi likes this.
  12. justtxyank

I'm holding on by a thread. If this kind of nonsense happens, I'm out. Find me in the D&D and the Texans forum and that's it.

[​IMG]

@J Sizzle knows what's up

J Sizzle and Fyreball like this.
  13. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Pop is not going to send Kawhi to a WC rival - he was highly critical of Memphis trading Pau Gasol to the Lakers and enabling their run.

thedreamsteam likes this.
  14. Vivi

Vivi Member

ESPN with the copy & paste on my post [​IMG]

RyanB likes this.
  15. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Exactly. Essentially the Lakers would go from being complete dogshit to 1c next to GS and Boston in the span of WEEKS. Meanwhile, those of us in Houston who have waited 25 ****ing years get to shove our thumbs up our asses, and go back and watch Game 5 highlights, bc that's as close as we're gonna get. The refs and injuries made sure of that. In this scenario, I'd pretty much check out of the NBA completely.

justtxyank likes this.
  16. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Catch me in the Hangout. It's all I'll have left.

justtxyank likes this.
  17. justtxyank

The Morey era has essentially built to this offseason. If the rug gets yanked this year and another super team forms in LA with the difficult of a burp I'll be so dejected. What will be the point of any of it? I'm not interested in investing so much time and money hoping to be the underdog that gets the one upset against the NBA's stacked deck.

18. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Adam Silver allowed this all to happen. Damn shame.

19. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance