1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] Jacoby Jones plowing ahead, unworried

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by mgraye2969, Apr 12, 2012.

1. mgraye2969

mgraye2969 Member

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/56910/jacoby-jones-plowing-ahead-unworried

Silly Jacoby.....:rolleyes:

2. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

It's cruel how Kubiak is toying with Jacoby. I mean to make him go through the entire camp in the heat and humidity, running him to death making him think he can make the team, just to cut him before he makes another game check. Wait.....ok I am for this.

1 person likes this.
  3. blackistan

blackistan Member

haha 'take him under my wing' please dont jacoby please

4. liljojo

liljojo Member

"If they bring somebody in I will take him under my wing and show him the ropes."

Just like you took that punt under you wing?

5. The Hunted

The Hunted Member

Good for him. I don't know the guy at all, but judging by his on the field body language, he seems to have matured over the years. Maybe that's why the coaching staff has shown so much faith in him.

6. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

WHat do you guys want him to say. He's just not a smart player. Not to say hes a bad guy. Im as pissed off as anyone and that missed punt return in the playoffs without a doubt caused us the game.

But the guy is a human being. He may not be in the team next year and he shouldnt but how long are we gonna keep burying the guy. Jacoby the person and player needs to think like that.

Not sure what everyone expects him to say, does he need to come out and say i need my salary reduced. or i need to be cut. Nobody beat that guy up more than himself its just human nature. If he can move on then good for him.

7. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

If its was his first muffed punt of the season, so what, it was in the playoffs, in the playoffs every play is bigger, and every mistake could cost you a trip to the super bowl.

In 1998 Gary Anderson didnt miss a FG during the reg. season, but he missed a 38-yard in the NFC Championship, that kick would have give the vikings a trip to the super bowl.

8. CCorn

CCorn Member

Please no!! Do not take our first round pick under your wing! I want him to succeed!!!!

9. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

he does have a point. fans are always looking for someone to point the finger at. he's just the easy target because there's only one player to blame on a muffed punt. the texans got back into the game and as a team failed several times to execute.

10. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

It's a business, produce results or find a new job. This man has never lived up to anything...had many chances. Time to let him go.

11. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

He forgot about the part where in that SAME game after the muff, he contributed NOTHING. And every ensuing punt return got worse because it DID get to his head.

Overally he's just too dumb to let it sink in. :eek:

And really thats not a bad trait - why let it affect you when it can damage you dwelling on it

12. Aggie2012

Aggie2012 Contributing Member

Yea seriously, Eff the fans. It's not like they are important or anything.

13. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Take him under your wing? We have the most respected receiver in the league for that. His name is Andre Johnson. Keep your butterfingers off our new recruit Jones.

14. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

He's a hard worker, I'd be fine with it.

15. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

You stay the f*** away from any WRs we draft, Jacoby.

1 person likes this.
  16. CCorn

CCorn Member

Lesson 1, ball bounces off the ground, you are surrounded by defenders in the biggest game of your life. What do you do?

17. ChievousFTFace

ChievousFTFace Contributing Member

Less talking... run crisp routes and catch the damn ball. He must have one hell of an agent to have gotten a deal like that.

18. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

This is another reason I don't understand the hate (previous to Ravens game) for #83 compared to Jacoby. #83 is actually on the hands team during critical special teams plays. Jacoby not so much.

19. dtowninyourtown

dtowninyourtown Contributing Member

The only ropes he should be allowed to show anyone how to use is a noose.

1 person likes this.
  20. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Wow did you just really say that?