1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ESPN: J.A. Adande on LeBron to Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Simon Honeybone, Dec 20, 2009.

1. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

Fixed..

2. thething

thething Member

I believe if we dump Battier then we will have room for a max contract.

Let's trade Battier for Q Richardson. It shouldn't help this year but it is basically like trading him for a max contract-type player, and "hopefully" Lebron.

3. Codman

Codman Member

I would vomit if ebron became a Rocket. I know he's one of the best, but it's like having a bad guy come to your team. Give me Bosh, Amare, or Wade please!

4. tmac to da rack

+3 Great Point

5. tested911

tested911 Member

Anybody who thinks Morey will not create the cap space for Lebron to get on this team doesn't know what he is talking about..

Sorry Easy it was well to easy :)...

Morey will do everything in his power if Lebron even showed a hint of wanting to come to Houston. And that is a BIG FACT!

6. matthappy

matthappy Member

seriously I think lebron would help this team greatly.his enthusiasm.huge energy,great athelism and distinguished leadership are all a NO 1 fancised player deserved.

the problem is his salary ,he is too expensive for us,next season we need to resign luis,kyle . if our boss wanna pay the luxury tax,we have little chance to get this guy.

to be realistic ,we can't afford his salary,just keep the current lineup,there still be great chance to win a champinship

7. MiracleShot

MiracleShot Member

Cannot bring lebron, too much money. You've seen what this team can do. They can beat any team on any given night. All we need now is Yao and we're set.
    -flame suit on-

8. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Member

If Morey can trade Shane and Andersen (although I think it would have to be Shane and Luis) for expirings and draft picks, THEN we'll be able to get LeBron.

I don't know if it's even in the realm of possibility, but Morey's comments seem to indicate that Luis (although highly valued) won't be retained, maybe indicating Morey has sights set somewhere else.

I would trust Morey to replace Luis' production somewhere, if we had to lose him. Although I'd rather be able to keep him.

LeBron would be the perfect addition. His playmaking ability would make up for our lack of a first-tier point guard (i.e., someone who racks up the assists).

HOWEVER, LeBron could just step into the Brooklyn Nets and that's all she wrote.

9. Plowman

Plowman Member
    Supporting Member

Now, whenever I mention the possibility of Lebron to my friends thay laugh it off and say it's noy going to happen.

But we've mentioned the tax issues, the marketing, the talent he'll be playing with...This makes sense on so many levels.... Houston is a great city.

Then I get to thinking more though and maybe they are right, but not for the reasons they even think.

The NBA needs to be balanced. LBJ coming to Houston would severly slant their exposore.It's a bad business move .Stern's plans aren't going to come at the cost of giving up the heart.He's got to go to New York.The Asian market is covered for now. Global expansion is on with organic growth before our eyes
    over the last 20 years.

10. stab

stab Member

11. Tobe

Tobe Member

brooks/lowry
    Tmac(low contract)/Ariza
    Lebron/Budinger
    Scola/Landry
    Yao/Hayes

holy ****...

12. startah

startah Member

i rather have Wade or bosh...than Lebron so Past....

13. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

Couldnt disagree more.

14. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Member
    Supporting Member

It would have to be a sign-n-trade - only way possible. Rockets would have to sign n trade T-mac and scola for Lebron...maybe have to include someone else too.

15. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Member

SCREW HIM...

16. Tha TC

Tha TC Member

Dont get me wrong... i don't really like Lebron that much but that young man is by far the most dominating player in the league right now he has the potential to be (if he isnt already in a way) the best player in the league one day... I'm sorry it looks like he's a hgh baby or something the man looks like hes a football player or a wrestler or something and has ELITE speed if the Rockets were able to get him the China factor alone would make him blow up even more, the thing with Lebron is he he's playing in one of the top 4/5 markets i believe his endorsements could increase due to a contract clause

17. T_Man

T_Man Member

Funny.. As big of a butt hole that Jordan is, he's never been the highest paid player. He made all of his money on endorsements...

But look at the hardware and rings he has....

So if these so called superstars want the ring then they have to give up to get..

18. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Member

False. He's been the highest paid player more than once.

19. abc2007

abc2007 Member

If James claimed he wanted to be a rocket, Les and Morey would be willing to do anything to land him.

In addition, if the rockets really want to sign a big name next summer, they will probably trade Battier for expiring contracts+ 1st round pick before this trade deadline.

20. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Member

If Lebron James wants to play with good, tough, solid, role players, then he'll come to Houston.