1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

(ESPN INSIDER) Why packers can beat the Texans.

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by rmoreno, Oct 11, 2012.

1. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

Packers never fell off the plateau. They just had the greatest luck of scheduling an offensive-minded team could ever hope for. They played exactly one above-average defense the entire year last year: the Kansas City Chiefs. They lost that game. That's why it shouldn't have been surprising that they didn't make it far in the playoffs. When it came down to it, they couldn't put together defensive stops and depended on being able to outscore other teams in shootouts. They tried to address that problem a bit in the offseason though.

Bottom line is, I'm not surprised at their offensive struggles this year at all. They're facing better competition, that's all.

2. CCorn

CCorn Member

Well... Jordan is retired.

3. Classic

Classic Member

East coast bias. I found it funny people were slobbin on the cardinals early on even after a trip to OT to beat Miami when we destroyed them. Somehow our blowouts don't count as much when other 'top' teams struggle to beat the same teams we dominate.

4. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

:eek: For real?!?!? Well... in that case, let me give you all my ClutchCitybanners, newspaper clippings, championship magazines, hats, shirts, etc., etc. Better yet, let's shut this ClutchFans site down... :(

;)

5. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Worth quoting again. Agreed!

6. Nimo

Nimo Member

I don't think anyone is arguing that the Ravens are the best team in the league. That argument, however, is being made for the Texans.

I don't mind the article. I think it's pretty obvious. You can say the same "why they can beat the Texans" for most of the Texans opponents. You can also make it for any of the other top teams in the league. Any given Sunday

7. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

I believe the Packers are a good enough team that they can beat the Texans.

But as another poster said, that article was crap. Aim for Kareem Jackson, really? That is a lame game plan.

The Packers have a shot because we've had problems covering the slot this season, add in the loss of Cushing, if the Packers have decent TE play or move Cobb or Nelson into the slot. That being said the Texans have enough weapons on both defense and offense to bust up the Packers. Their defensive backfield got rocked several times this season, sure Clay Matthews is the current sack leader but they have no other defensive play makers besides an aging Woodson and Williams who isn't capable of covering everyone.

8. Classic

Classic Member

WATT DID YOU JUST SAY?
    [​IMG]

9. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

The Cushing injury, media still talking about Jets and importantly, Reliant at home is one reason I think we will cover the spread. My prediction is if Packers win, or Texans win, it will be a blowout. I think the Texans know that Cushing is important, but they look at themselves as important players also which is why they will not be a letdown. Arian knows it, the media still talking about the Jets even in a loss. I think in a short amount of time, we will be the loudest- ask Matt Ryan 2011. With the roof closed, it will be major disadvantage for the Packers, I'm hoping we don't see many cheeseheads. Unless Packs get their running game going, we will control the clock big time which is why we will beat them.

10. Nimo

Nimo Member

Maybe he should have written "Why the Titans can beat the Steelers"

11. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

12. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

If there is a new level JJ Watt can take his game to, I am excited to see it.

13. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Since after the Jets game, my gut feeling was the Packers would win. But since so many people are predicting an upset, I dunno. Aaron Rodgers will attack the Texans secondary with a vengeance and he will make the throws that Sanchez missed. Jonathan Joseph better return to form or it will be a very long day for the Texans' defense.

The Texans should line up JJ Watt against Marshall Newhouse every single play because it will force the Packers to double and triple team him.

14. gotrock?

gotrock? Member

I do give some credence to their analysis but the Texans are CLEARLY capable of playing a better game than we have thus far and we're still 5-0. We will step up and play a less conservative game on offense while stepping up even more on defense and I'll be sipping on my free Sonic slush again next week.

They shoulda made the Titans their upset pick and looked like geniuses...

15. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

I know Green Bay can win, but its because anything can happen in a game.
    A lot of lucky bounces, a missed tackle, a blocked punt, etc.

16. OremLK

OremLK Member

Yeah, Green Bay should be a pretty tough contest. I still think the Texans will win, but this isn't going to be nearly as easy as you would think if you just look at win loss record.

17. Raven

Raven Member

Texans will dominate because.

1. Going to win it for Cush.
    2. Unhappy with last week's performance.
    3. Want to take care of business before next week's tougher opponent.
    4. Playing at home.
    5. Smells blood in the water.
    6. Wants to crush a "top tier" team.
    7. Wants to keep the win streak alive.
    8. Watt is pissed about having a sack deducted.
    9. Andre is due for a big game.
    10. New return man.

Texans 6-0.

Book it.

1 person likes this.
  18. ynelilvs99

ynelilvs99 Member

Exactly, what more motivation do they need?

19. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

They were already wrong about the steelers covering lol

20. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Lol it's not like motivation is the only factor that the team needs to win. The Packers are a formidable opponent. Besides, the Texans are not a team that needs to be motivated. They are clearly on a mission this year to get homefield advantage throughout the playoffs. For them, it's simply a matter of executing their game plan.