1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(ESPN INSIDER) Why packers can beat the Texans.

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by rmoreno, Oct 11, 2012.

1. rmoreno

rmoreno Member

2. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

[​IMG]

:grin:

1 person likes this.
  3. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

Here ya go:

1 person likes this.
  4. Anticope

Anticope Member

That's a pretty big limb they're going out on there...

5. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Bwahahahahahaha... :grin:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I don't know about that. There are quite a few people who are predicting a Packers win here on Sunday night. I'm not one of those people, but I could also see it happening. Green Bay is a solid team, despite what their record might show. The offense better be prepared to put up some points. No more field goals from the 7 yard line. We need to take full advantage of every visit in the red zone.

7. meh

meh Contributing Member

Really? +3.5 is worthy of "team x CAN beat team y" these days? If I'm correct Vegas gives hometown team 3 points for being at home. Meaning they feel this is a pick-em game if it weren't played in Houston. Are they really that desperate for NFL news at ESPN?

8. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I took that to be sarcasm.

9. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Eh, who cares. Everyone's been throwing around the "yeah but... who have they played" stigma to our 5-0 record and will continue to do so until we beat up on teams like the Packers, Ravens, Bears, and Lions to some degree.

So basically we'll get a tiny bit of respect once we beat the Pack this weekend.

10. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Texans are coming off a short week from MNF and the Packers need to win. If I was a gambling man I would take the Packers with the points.

11. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Even if the Texans win the Super Bowl, there will be the "yeah, but..." parade, especially nationally. "Yeah, but they didn't have to play 'team X'." or "Yeah, but they didn't have to play John Elway in his prime, so you know...ASTERISK."

12. ynelilvs99

ynelilvs99 Member

I will just let JJ Watt do the talking:

(on QB Aaron Rodgers) “He’s an extremely good quarterback, one of the best in the league. He’s very accurate. He gets the ball of out his hand quick when he decides where he wants to go with it. The challenge he presents is he’s one of the best in the game and you have to stop him. The way to stop him is just like everybody else. You attack him, get your hands up, you hit him, all the things that we like to do best.”

(on QB Aaron Rodgers running) “He’s a very good runner. He’s such a good thrower, but he’s also great with his legs. I think that’s one thing that we’re aware of and that we’re going to take care of.”

(on what the loss of ILB Brian Cushing for the season means to him ) “It’s difficult. It’s like my brother out there and to lose him is tough. I’m going to take my game to new heights to make up for it.”

13. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Mr. Rogers, make sure you have signed all of those documents from State Farm and that they've properly done your Discount Double Check. You're going to need all of the insurance you can get.

#13 leroy, Oct 11, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2012
    3 people like this.
  14. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I have nothing against the Packers---I actually kinda like'em; kinda---and I think they can certainly catch the Texans flat-footed at Reliant. I just get tired of ESPN and other sports media and their obsessive love for certain teams.

That said, the Packers fell off the plateau late last year, having peaked early or run out of gas, then, during the playoffs, dealing with that coach's tragedy, which certainly must have cast a pall over the locker room. Even then, although still a dangerous team, I would've never put them at 2-3 to start this season.

If the Packers continue to fade and Dallas doesn't return to glory, which team's "knob" is the media going to "slob"?

1 person likes this.
  15. ynelilvs99

ynelilvs99 Member

Atlanta?

16. ynelilvs99

ynelilvs99 Member

49ers?

17. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Super saiyan 9000?

1 person likes this.
  18. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

But this is what I don't understand..

When we barely beat the Jets, people say we aren't legit because, well, we barely beat the Jets.

But the Ravens BARELY beat the Chiefs and the Browns.. and no on is questioning them.

19. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

JJ Watt on Sunday:
    [​IMG]

20. micks96

micks96 Member

THIS like a bee-yotch