1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ESPN Insider: Trade targets: Can Dragic or Love make Rockets contenders?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AnthonyJFranks, Jan 27, 2016.

1. Drogba

Drogba Member

We need a Draymond Green type of player on this team not Kevin "empty stats" Love and his bizzaro twin, Ryan Anderson. Morey already knows this hence the Royce White gamble, T-Jones pick and signing J Smoove twice.

2. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

I'm consistently impressed by Anderson and think he's a great fit next to Howard this season, but how much would you be willing to pay him in the offseason and how healthy will he be going forward? He's missed 80 games over the last two seasons. He looks fully recovered now, though.

3. ballplayer

ballplayer Contributing Member

I believe we stand pat this year. TJones and Brewer's value may be to low to bring back something of substance player wise. I think Lawson will be here as well. I can see Morey moving Tjones for a protected 1st or a 2nd round draft pick(maybe unlikely though because of playoff experience) just to keep roster flexibility going into the playoffs.

4. ibm

ibm Member

any names?

5. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Brewer for Anderson

Just accept the trade Pelicans it will help you get a better pick.

6. SRR21

SRR21 Member

Why would MIA move Dragic as well? If HOU could get Dragic (very doubtful) I think Capella would be part of the package as insurance for Whiteside.

7. PeppermintCandy

Pretty much a summary of the speculations tossed around on this bbs, though better written. I'd be a little pissed if this was all i was getting with an Insider account.

8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

If Morey makes another deal, I doubt that it will involve any of the players mentioned as possible targets. Why? Because Morey rarely does what "we" think he might do. Surprise is his middle name. Example? Look no further than Josh Smith. Who seriously believed that the Clippers would deal him to Houston, a bitter rival that Smith helped eliminate in the playoffs last season, and move him to Houston for chump change? It's absurd, yet he's helped us win 3 games in a row since joining the Rockets, and without a practice. I'm still shaking my head at the Clippers front office. Morey took them to school, grinning the entire time.

9. rocketsmetalspd

I am sure Morey will make a deal but don't know what TJones + Dekker and maybe KJ can get the team in return.

10. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Spent the last 10 minutes trying to find out his actual middle name, but to no avail.

11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Don't ask me! Surprise is as good as any, I suppose. Maybe Batman knows. ;-)-

12. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Horse trading usually takes awhile. Few teams do anything before the deadline. Right now good teams are trying to poach players from bad teams. New Orleans has to be careful not to get bent over too far.

Like this. :) Made me smile, but these might be the phone calls they're taking right now.

New Orleans is still also spouting nonsense about "getting back on track" and "playoffs". When not even the magic bullet theory can explain how they can get into the playoffs....i.e., it's 115% impossible....THEN they'll make trades, whether or not it moves the needle for the good or bad.

13. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Give me Ryan Anderson.

Dragic played himself with that ridiculous contract. His wife can soak up that Miami sun since she calls the shots.

14. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Jeff Teague would be awesome but:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">One thing to note on Teague: he is slated to make $8 million in 2016-17. So a trade for Teague would impact NYK's cap space for this summer.</p>&mdash; Ian Begley (@IanBegley) <a href="https://twitter.com/IanBegley/status/692382774548905984">January 27, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

15. finsraider

finsraider Member

It would likely be a 3 team trade. Something like:

HOU In: Love, Aminu
    CLE In: Ariza, Brewer
    POR In: Lawson, DMo

Beverley / Terry
    Harden / Thornton
    Aminu / McDaniels
    Love / Smith
    Howard / Capela

Not saying this is exactly what the trade would look like, but the salaries work. The basic structure of the trade is Portland absorbs salary, Cleveland gets wings, and we get Love. I wouldn't be surprised if we sent other prospects to Portland to get Aminu.....like Harrell or Dekker.

16. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Goran Dragic will never play another minute for the Houston rockets. And given the way he punked us in free agency, that's just fine with me.

17. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Please let this happen.

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

i actually think that team would probably we worse than what the Rockets field at the moment right now

19. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

Thanks for delivering the Rockets piece - but by chance, could somebody post the other 29 teams as well? I'm curious!

Thanks!

20. You Stone

You Stone Member

So we need a Kyle Korver/Reddick type player who can run around screens and make threes while still being capable of defending PGs. Here is the list I have generated for you:

1) Stephen Curry who is not a particularly good defender
    2) Damial Lillard who is not really good at either

That's the list. For SGs, most of the guys who can shoot off screens can't defend outside of Klay Thompson, Bradley Beal and maybe Middleton who might be better at shooting off screens if he was required to play off-ball more. And with SFs, we have KD, PG, and Melo.

Korver, Reddick...Thornton, Kevin Martin are guys who can't defend bigger, more athletic SFs which means they won't get as many minutes as they should on the Rockets.

The problem is players who want to play PG are being trained to play with the ball instead of without. They don'r know how to shoot in rhythm without taking a few dribbles first. It takes practice.