1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN Insider] Trade Fits for Omer Asik

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by t0mdotcom, Nov 20, 2013.

1. kakaman

kakaman Member

Except he made it to the WCF with Iverson, another so called "selfish" player. Melo isn't as good as Lebron or KD, but let's not pretend he can't help teams win games with the proper team constructed. You know those ill-fated mid range shots that Harden can't hit when the game is on the line? Those are the shots that Melo shoots the best in the NBA. He will make the Rockets the team to beat in the West.

2. Aydge

Aydge Member

Paul Millsap on December 16th or a draft pick (or overseas assets) at the dealine.

No way we trade for a guy that takes us out of the race for adding a near max contract in 2015.

3. wadero

wadero Member

Screw it take Turner from Philly and lets get some scoring from the Bench with LIN

4. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

You can probably add a name like Wilson Chandler to that list...

That said, if LMA remains unavailable, I have been and will remain a fan of Millsap. I also think it's hilarious that you don't see Josh Smith's name anywhere on this list.

5. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Funny that ESPN releases this article from an apparent "insider" that lists nothing but PF's and then Stein another ESPN "insider" releases another article minutes apart stating that the Rockets aren't just looking at PF's.

My guy, if the Blazers are willing to let him go, is Nic Batum.

Nobody else I'm seeing if simply swapped for Asik can give the Rockets that kind of talent in the areas of their weaknesses.

-Perimeter defense..... Best in the biz. Can guard any position on the floor, and creates havok with steals with his length.
    -3 point shooting.... we know this better than anyone... guy is lights out.
    -Versatility..... check. Can play virtually any position on the floor. Would fit very nice in a Howard, Parsons, Batum, Harden, Bev lineup, or Howard/Jones/Batum.

Would the Blazers be interested in moving him???...

I think they'd be interested in moving his salary. Moving him as a player is different. I think that all depends on what they are getting back. If they could get back a player that can play the 2 and move Matthews to the 3, I think they would be interested. Just swapping him for Asik.... not so sure. Morey would probably have to get creative or hope that this team slides back in the win/loss column. Right now they just look too good, and its a shame... there are 2 really good players on that team that could make this team a top 5 contender overnight.

6. Raven

Raven Member

Agreed.

7. WaitForIt

WaitForIt Member

How about Asik and Dmo just practice the fusion technique and combine their defensive and offensive skills?

8. da_juice

da_juice Member

That be an interesting deal. The only kicker is that Batum's contract is 3 years, not two. Also, making Portland good might entice Aldrige to stay and not come here.

Can't we just like, merge the Blazers and Rockets? Batum, Matthews, and Aldrige on this team would be great. Damn you, overexpansion.

9. glacier921

glacier921 Rookie

I started a thread like this a couple of weeks ago, but for some strange reason, I got punished for it, and was labelled a bad thread. :mad:

10. JBar

JBar Rookie

What about trade with Philly of Asik and DMo and for Hawes and Turner?

Or with Portland of Asik and Dmo for Lopez and Matthews?

11. pugsly8422

pugsly8422 Contributing Member

I think we will end up trading for a backup C + draft picks. With the emergence of TJ, it is looking more and more like the 4 spot is his to lose.

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

I haven't seen him hit any shots that matters as of late. All I've been seeing from him is 24/7 isos and chucking up jumpers. He destroys a team chemistry and any rhythm a team has. Pass on melo

13. ktbballplaya

ktbballplaya Member

Jeff Green perfect compliment for this team.. Asik/parsons/beverly for rondo and green

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

because it doesn't make much sense

15. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

From 48 minutes of rim protection to 48 minutes of ISO?

16. Remii

Remii Member

It's not the question that Melo would fit _ the question is would NYC make that trade.... They can get a lot more for Melo than what you are proposing. And both Lin and Asik will be collecting $30 million next year and both will be unrestricted free agents afterwards... So NYC would be back in the same position they are in now a year from now.

17. slickricky

slickricky Contributing Member

I really think this could be something....

Lin Asik Parsons Pick for Carmelo/Felton/

Dwight/Smith/DMO
    Jones/Casspi
    Carmelo/Garcia
    Harden/
    Beverly/Felton

18. kakaman

kakaman Member

If they can get both Lin and Asik for an expiring Melo, they will do it. Not many teams will be willing to give up much for Melo. The Knicks do not value picks, so those are worthless also. As a benchmark, Knicks fans have been saying they are willing to do Griffin for Melo straight up. I dunno about you, but Lin and Asik are far more valuable than just Griffin.

19. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Cant believe ESPN charges a fee for content like that .... Same crap we have been talking about here since July for the most part.

Lots of other potential candidates to move Asik for other than the obvious that have been hashed out a six dozen times each.

The emergence of T.Jones over the past few games really opens up the options for Morey. He could go after just about any position and help the team.

20. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

Why is it strange? In the section on Jones, he mentions trading Asik for a draft pick.