1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ESPN insider(mention of rockets as a possible landing spot for Maggette?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by steefrancis, Jan 4, 2007.

1. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

I think the HEAT have the best backup Center in the league.

2. white lightning

white lightning Contributing Member

How soon we forget Chucky Brown.

3. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Yep, that Shaq fella is a good back-up.

4. CharlieMurphy

CharlieMurphy Contributing Member

[/QUOTE]

hayes is a fouling machine, but i believe he will learn to control his aggressiveness and keep out of foul trouble...just look at yao...his foul trouble forced him into limited playing time but just look at him now

5. hooroo

hooroo Member

He was nearly a 10 year vet when he was with Houston and didn't suffer from Hayes's major problem, ie fouling.

6. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Maggette is not a good 3pt shooter. He shoots better than 33% only 3 times in his 7-year career. He has a very good midrange game though. To me, we already have enough swingmen. If we are to get help, I prefer to have a 3pt shooting PG to replace Alston.

Bibby would be great, although it's just pipedream. NIKE, I don't care if it's midseason. If you can get a significant upgrade at starting PG, you do it. And to say Bibby is a signifcant upgrade from Alston is an understatement.

7. Riz

Riz Contributing Member

I just hope Spurs and Jazz don't end up with Maggette! and about us we really dont have anyone to give and why in the world would clips take sura's contract even if its with wells that doesn't make any sense!!

Its funny no one is saying trade Head anymore! :rolleyes:

8. Riz

Riz Contributing Member

Who Shaq? I think Mt. Mutombo is better (7 more blks baby!!!) :cool:

9. KeepKenny

KeepKenny Contributing Member

Hayes has the potential to be one of the best Dirk defenders in the league. He's quick for a 4 with good defensive instincts. He could emulate what Haslem did in the finals. Not to mention the fact that every power forward nowadays is quick and wants to drive. He has the tools to be a great defender in this new high-scoring era.

And yes, I think Chuck could rebound and score against the mighty defensive presence that is Dirk Nowitski. We're not asking him to post him up, but to catch the ball and make layups.

Regarding his hands, in what way are they lacking? He's great at stripping the ball on defense, ala Malone, and he very rarely flubs Tmac's bullet passes from the top of the key. He grabs rebounds that very few players can get. I don't attribute missed layups to his hands, but to the fact that he's undersized and sometimes rushes it.

As far as the fouls go, he's pretty much still getting the rookie treatment out there. It's gonna be fun once the refs respect what he does on the court.

10. Lil Lee

Lil Lee Contributing Member

whoa there buddy, calm down. Chuck Hayes stopping Dirk? I think not. Dirk is alot taller and quicker. He can easily shoot over him and can easily drive to the bucket and do his little fadeaway thing he does. So far, I haven't seen anybody stop Dirk except T-Mac. Dirk is probably the hardest person to guard in the NBA, second being Kobe Bryant.

Now onto CM rumors, I don't see where we need this guy in our lineup. Our SG/SF area is just fine the way it is. We're in need of a legit PG or PF/C.
    I'm sure we can do some trade packages if we include JLIII in order to pursue the areas we need. He has a bright future ahead of him, but as a Rocket I think not.

Our PG area is not good. The other team's PG will always have a breakout game against the Rockets. We need a PG with decent handles, consistent 3 point shooter, and great defender. I like a player like Smush Parker. He knows his role, real energetic, a pest on defense, aggresive, and can hit the 3ball here and there. Any suggestions?