1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN]Insider - Lidge

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by russian88, Apr 15, 2007.

1. russian88

russian88 Member

Insider Says Lidge is available.

There linking him to Florida Boston Tampa Cleveland Colorado and Toronto.

The Devil Rays seem to be the Heavy Favorites with Ties to former GM aboard the Drays know. If it was a Prospects for Lidge and a Prospect I think it would be a deal that would Include Shawn Riggins, Jason Hammel Evn Langoria and Reid Brignac for Brad Lidge J.R. Towles and Brian Bogsuevic.

If it were a PLayer trade with acouple of Prospects i could see Rocco Baldelli and Shawn Riggins for Brad Lidge and Brooks Conrad.

I would like to see a Carl Crawford for Brad Lidge Brian Bogsuevic Filip Paulnio and Brooks Conrad .

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A Cleveland Tarde would be hard but theres only 3 players I would want from there team. Grady Sizemore Adam miller and Chuck Lofgren and I highly Doubt the Indians would want to trade any of those guys.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Boston would be a good Trade buddy if the would be willing to trade Clay Buchholz but they would only be willing to move anyone but him and Bard.

Toronto is intriging Aaron Hill would be perfect him and Alex rios or Adam Lind would be a decent deal.

2. The Cat

The Cat Member

I would like to see a Albert Pujols for Wandy Rodriguez, Jason Lane, Fernando Nieve and Brian Bogusevic deal too. :D

3. rezdawg

rezdawg Member

mmm...dont know about that, we're giving up 4 players for 1.

4. rhino17

rhino17 Member

That would be unbelievabel

5. BenignDMD

BenignDMD Member

Yeah I would too..... :cool:

6. Smokey

Smokey Member

Bring Carl home!

7. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

I'm not sure why you wouldn't want Hafner, V-Mart, Sabathia, or Sowers from the Tribe. Cleveland's not going to trade any of those guys either though.

I don't see the Astros getting much more than prospects at this point back for Lidge. Wagner brought us back Duckworth, Buchholz, and Astacio. Do you really think we're going to get back more than we got back for Wagner?

8. mateo

mateo Member

I'd like Jessica Elba to be my full service nanny.

9. texanskan

texanskan Member

I would love that but I don't think Carl is the Astros "kind of player"

10. leroy

leroy Member

Ha ha ha...funny stuff. The Astros are racist!

Ha ha ha...haven't heard that before!

:rolleyes:

11. hoopstar

hoopstar Member

I'd much rather have Jessica Alba :)

12. mateo

mateo Member

Well I did say "full service"

13. JeopardE

JeopardE Member

Eva Longoria for Brad Lidge? Git 'er done Uncle Tim.

14. Kam

Kam Member

I had to read that twice myself.

Bring Crawford and Kazmir home.

15. lalala902102001

"Lidge is available."

ESPN insider is truly insightful.

16. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

i know you are hoping for these trades but in what strange reality would any of these teams give up the talent you are naming. i hope we get something for him but lidge really has almost no value to him.

17. Storm Surge

Storm Surge Rookie

I'd like Alex Rios to be leading off

18. ak47

ak47 Member

from mlbtraderumors.com

Ken Davidoff of Newsday simply drops one sentence on the topic, writing that Lidge is not available for the moment. Well, that's a start.

Dan Graziano of the Newark Star-Ledger names Lidge one of his "Five Closers Who Had A Tough Week." I really think Ugueth Urbina belongs at #6. Graziano mentions that the Devil Rays have been one of the most aggressive teams calling on Tim Purpura for Lidge, but that the Astros have shown no eagerness to trade him.

Speaking of those Devil Rays, Marc Topkin of the St. Petersburg Times is well-connected to the club as the beat writer. He says Lidge trade chatter is ongoing, but that if the Astros do decide to trade him they might avoid the Rays. Why's that? Former Astros pitching coach Jim Hickey might be able to fix him, and the Astros don't want to be shown up in a trade. In essence, they want Lidge to continue to fail if they trade him.

Scott Lauber of the Wilmington News Journal again connects the Phillies to Lidge. I'm starting to think he's got more than speculation there. Lauber feels that Lidge needs a change of scenery, but obviously the Astros are reluctant to sell low.

19. rikesh316

rikesh316 Member

mlbtraderumors.com=***************

20. ryan17wagner

ryan17wagner Member

I can't beleive people actually spend money for ESPN "insiders"....that's the real shocker in this thread.