1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN Insider] 12 Things: Why The Texans Are Legit

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by wallyj12, Sep 25, 2010.

1. wallyj12

wallyj12 Member

Hope it hasn't been posted before..

1 person likes this.
  2. Landlord Landry

this is a statement game. biggest game in franchise history. this is like our superbowl game. the Texans better be ready to play. cant come out flat. think outside the box. I love what you do for me TOYOTA!

3. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

What kind of statistical anomaly must happen for a WR to beat out his QB for the mvp voting?

4. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

Nah, game 1 of this year against the Colts was bigger, IMO. I agree with the writer above that this game probably means less to the Texans than the Cowboys.

That said, we need to go 16-0, so beat their ass boys.

5. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

Yea I agree. A loss here and there to teams like the cowboys is acceptable. But we really really needed that colts game

6. Landlord Landry

[​IMG]

7. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

^ :grin: Well done, sir.

I agree, the Dallas game is bigger than the Colts' game. We only get to see these "other dudes" from Texas ONCE every four years, so it's our turn to spank that country ass, and it WILL BE DONE. :eek:

I loved this article and it's probably the first time in a long time that I haven't said "too long, didn't read." Everything they're saying is right. What irks me is that the writers and press peeps give out every scenario about us winning on the D or the O or the Special Teams, and the opponents also read these... the fact of the matter is, however, that DALLAS can't do shiznit about it with what they have right now... so I'm not that irked... I'm actually happy it confuses the heck out of Wade and company. :)

8. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

that's a lot of praise for a team that's only 2-0... let's not get ahead of ourselves.

9. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I don't think so at all. The Texans have established themselves already. If they lose, there is still a strong likelihood of going into the bye week 5-1. If anything this is the Cowpokes superbowl. If they don't win here, they are DONE. Season over, coach is gone, players gone, new regime, etc. This game means so much more to them than it does to us.

10. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

^ I agree with you, sir... but I'll continue with the agreement in the game thread... it is more appropriate to talk about the Cowpokes over there than here.

The TEXANS are legit. :eek:

11. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

I agree it would not be the end of the world, but IMO this is the hump game. Get over this game with a win and the momentum really picks up, you have a crappy Raiders team and then Cush is back for the Giants. With this win it is very probable we could go into the bye undefeated.

12. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

He beat out Schaub for player of the week.

13. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I agree that it would be an important win, I just don't agree that it would be our superbowl. That was the Colts game imo. If we had not beat the Colts so badly, I might not think that way, but they did. Honestly, I could see the Texans controlling this game from start to finish. It could be a blowout if the pokes are not prepared, which I don't expect them to be.

14. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Arien foster's Hindu bow is why we are winning.

15. wallyj12

wallyj12 Member

I still like Antonio Smith's Sword Draw better

16. Raven

Raven Member

3-0

Book it!

17. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

String dance, OD's dustoff, sword draw, hula, cassius clay pose, all are better than Jacoby's crumping.

18. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Haha! Jacoby is the only one that can dance.

19. BetterThanI

BetterThanI Contributing Member

Agreed. The Texans (and we, as fans) need to take a little advice from Hakeem:

"Stay humble.
    Stay hungry."

20. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

I think fans can do whatever they want. The team, of course, seems to be following Hakeem's model.