1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ESPN Hates Harden; Openly Advocating Split MVP.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ghettocheeze, Mar 28, 2018.

1. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Nike Vs Adidas . Nike has way more pull in the media.

#61 cheke64, Mar 28, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2018
    saleem, Mazulis and ghettocheeze like this.
  2. seeingredtx

seeingredtx Enlightened

LBJ’s team is 1 game away from not having home court in first round. Only 5.5 games ahead of the 8th seed....JH13’s team is best team in league by 6 games and 18.5 games better then the 8th seed. Oh and the last 4 years by Harden is statically better then LBJ’s best 4 years...Why not just give the Warriors the championship this year. Just because...

3. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Wait CNN is liberal, I think you mean msnbc

Fansince80 likes this.
  4. Jontro

Jontro Member

since we know harden won't win another mvp in his lifetime after this year, he should just skip the awards ceremony when they announce his name. send bobby brown to collect the reward on stage. not like he has anything to lose with the media.

CriscoKidd and ghettocheeze like this.
  5. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

I been trying to tell y’all about how ESPN gets down. Rockets fans have been pressing these cowards about the fraudulent Westbrick MVP last year and instead of admitting they had it wrong, these media people have started saying things like:

“Rockets fans online are delusional”

“Rockets fans on Twitter are really aggressive, they need to relax”

“Houston’s fanbase is the most annoying online”

No clowns, how about you are biased snobs that can’t admit that they were wrong and now you don’t like getting called out the way you did about Harden’s defense for years.

Deuce, Vivi, Houstunna and 7 others like this.
  6. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

Harden will win and even the biggest hater, if they are being honest, will admit that Harden is the MVP and that the race isn't even close...

These so called sports pundits and experts are entertainers at the end of the day and are paid to be contrarians and to stir the pot to gain viewership and ratings. Yes, it's annoying for us Rox fans to hear stuff like this even though Harden fulfills every MVP narrative of the past 4 or 5 years...'best player on best team' 'most impactful player on making team elite' 'Super Stat King' etc..etc....

Seriously, the only shame in all of this is that when Harden hoists that MVP trophy it wont be in front of the fans who have cheered and embraced him all year long at the Toyota Center but instead at some lame event that is to take place at the conclusion of the playoffs...

#66 Elephant810, Mar 28, 2018
  7. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

I don't get how it's going unnoticed that this team is on pace to win 68 games despite many of our impact players missing over 8 games....

CP3, Moute, Cap, Harden, EG, Ryno, Nene, have all missed a significant amount of games...

Imagine if this team was as healthy as the Warriors were back in 14-15 and 15-16....I wouldn't be surprised if we won at least 70...

DonKnock, Deuce, Sajan and 1 other person like this.
  8. Streets 01

Streets 01 Member

Feel like I could write this in all the OMG the media hates us threads but here we go...

To the "where was this BS last year" crowd, it was the same thing. Many "experts" were saying "I can't call it, we should just split the award" when it was Russ vs. Harden. After awhile it became apparent Russ was going to win, but Harden was LeBron last year. He was the other guy in the race that gave the talking heads something to talk about. Now the difference b/w last year and this year is I believe Harden deserved to win it last year based on what I think is an MVP (I know... it keeps changing). I just can't give the award to someone who doesn't make his teammates better. Kawhi, Curry, Bron, and Beard would all have been better choices than that stat padder. But I digress. My point is Harden has been in the LeBron position before. Gotten plenty of hype when it was obvious both Curry and Russ were winning and now we're ,ad LeBron is getting that treatment even though we know Harden will win? People need to take some deep breaths To anyone who seriously doubts Harden wins MVP, I'm willing to do a 50 dollar tip jar bet. I will take Harden and give you not just LeBron, but the field. Calm down and enjoy the season.

ghettocheeze likes this.
  9. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Man, I don't even want to think harden is like that.

I just want him to eat up the disrespect, yet again, and come back even stronger, yet again.

Beast mode

Jontro and ghettocheeze like this.
  10. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Lol at all my brethren on this board who are getting rattled by the unbiased stupidity of ESPN! Stupid is what stupid does, and they have been the forerunners of stupidness for a VERY LONG time!!!

LBJ begging for votes is pathetic!!
    "Queen James begging for attention...

#70 BamBam, Mar 28, 2018
    DonKnock, SORF and ghettocheeze like this.
  11. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Am I the only one who cares who is mvp after last year?

They can make it Westbrook again for all I care. Bigger and better prizes await.

12. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

I don't understand why it's so hard for people to see that Harden is having both the best season AND is the best player this year... This is WB's nonsense last year all over again.

Why are people so mesmerized by rebounds per game? Harden has flat out been better in every meaningful way this regular season.

DonKnock, saleem and ghettocheeze like this.
  13. s3ts

s3ts Member

I thought Rachel was alright when it came to basketball.

But now she just won't stfu....

ghettocheeze and saleem like this.
  14. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

Shame espn

DonKnock, ghettocheeze and saleem like this.
  15. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

I wish someone was advocating for Larry Bird. No one is talking about what Larry has been doing for a long time. They're Larry secrets at this point. That dude is fancy. Look at all his fancy women.[​IMG]

hakeem94 and ghettocheeze like this.
  16. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Lebron and his Cavs just got trashed 98-79 by the Miami Heat.

Dwayne Wade is far away from his hey days, he is 4 inches shorter than Lebron, yet he was able to block him twice.

This was not an MVP performance.
    Take that, ESPN/ First Take etc.

DonKnock, hakeem94 and ghettocheeze like this.
  17. Jack Campbell

Jack Campbell Member

UGH!

IF Bron actually wins the MVP, I would lose my mind. How can he or anyone in the media even suggest anyone other than Harden with a straight face?

I can understand why Harden has missed 2 MVPs....

2015 - Curry, one of the best players and on a breakout team(best team too). Harden was better, but team was not. I get it but don't like it.

2017 - Westbrook, "historical implications" Harden was better and team had a break out year. Stupid meaningless TD's....I get it, but I really don't like this one at all.

2018 - Anyone other than Harden (even LBJ), NO EXCUSES....even if Harden were to sit the rest of the reg season! At this point I would claim the media needs to be completely overhauled....even more so than Washington....Not sure I could believe something could be in greater need ever!

Left out 2016, Where Harden finished 9th and with NO ALL NBA Team honors....even though his numbers were slightly better than the year before (team performance was terrible)....Funny how the media ignores how poorly they treated Harden this year...or conveniently says he has finished in 2nd place the last "two year". Actually it was 2 of the last 3 years, and you guys (the media) missed that one pretty badly!

ghettocheeze likes this.
  18. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Mike Trout winning MVP over Jose Altuve 2 seasons ago, When Altuve had better numbers overall and a better record. Media has power. Winning a Championship, changes alot of the reputation When Jose Altuve wins games and a World Series. Harden will win the MVP award and Chris Paul All Star selection, Clint Capela Defensive Player of the Year, Once these guys win a title this year,Accolades come next year. Media Always are late. Draymond Green won Defensive Player of the Year because of his postseason success. Kobe Bryant only has 1 MVP, 4 Championships. James Harden will overcome the media by being dominant in the Playoffs, His Dominant Performance will embarrass the "Experts, Analysts".

ghettocheeze likes this.
  19. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Media creating a perception of Regulars Season MVP award is better than a Championship is just delusional. Winning a Championship, Being a Champion is why Michael Jordan, Hakeem Olajuwon, Bill Russell all these Hall of Famers are talked about more often than Reggie Miller, John Stockton, Karl Malone, Patrick Ewing will always be forgotten about, overlooked.

ghettocheeze and saleem like this.
  20. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

MVP voters have no idea what they are voting. Derrick Rose winning a MVP over LeBron James and Kevin Durant. The media never bring ups this topic at all, why, because they now looking foolish now. Derrick Rose is a fringe NBA player, barely holding on a roster spot, bench player.

DonKnock, hakeem94 and ghettocheeze like this.