1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] Guys were tired in Spurs game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OTMax, Oct 25, 2015.

1. OTMax

OTMax Member

Sounds like McHale is not happy with the camp at all. Damn these injuries and guys not being in shape because of it.

2. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Thats horrible to hear. The whole point of camp is mostly conditioning and recovery. Makes me wonder how serious these guys are taking things.

3. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Yep eventhough the preseason doesn't matter mantra will be said over and over the reality is there's pros and cons to it. Cons are we don't look like we are in shape as a team and in these practice games we see flaws we shouldn't be seeing out of a team that just made a deep playoff run. The pros are we are 0-0, we have the chance to start out strong if we just suck it up and go hard. Mchale knows where this teams state is physically and mentally which means he can go into the season fully aware of what needs to be done in this current t state.

4. cheke64

cheke64 Member

What exactly does Mchale do? No defense, No offense, Players not in shape, No accountability, No leadership.

5. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

he's gonna deliver us kevin love

6. Jontro

Jontro Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm not so sure, though. I'm sure mauri does the majority of that too.

7. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

But but but guys. You've got to play harder guys. Come on guys play harder.

8. OpenLayup-Why3?

Harden lost shape while attending Kardashian parties and celebrating 200M deal with Adidas. No biggie, once a lifetime events, he'll get over it.

9. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Yeah I know right? He just sucks. I mean all he is capable of doing is coaching the most injured team in the league to the 2nd best record in the West, a division championship and a trip to the WCF. The dude sucks.

Clearly no accountability and no leadership!

1 person likes this.
  10. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

:(

Certainly not the inspired start we are hoping for but hopefully the team gets inspired sooner rather than later. Number 1 thing is health and chemistry ideally starting lost all star break and into the playoffs. Would be nice to have a season of destiny ala GSW last year tho!

11. mclawson

mclawson Member

Gets us to the WCF without two starters?

1 person likes this.
  12. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

When half of your team and most of your starters miss 3/4 of camp due to injuries yeah... they are going to be out of shape, and have a disjointed camp. Not sure how McHale can do anything about that. I guess guys need to do a better job of taking care of their bodies in the offseason, and I'm sure most at least try so not sure there is a good critique to go around to anyone here. The Rockets now have an older veteran team. Getting old sucks.

13. OTMax

OTMax Member

I didn't think this would turn into a McHale bashing thread. We don't know who is out of shape, if there's anybody at fault for it, what McHale means with a disjointed camp other than injury so let's keep the speculation to a minimum please. Harden was injured and said he didn't start basketball until late in the summer, but he looked fine in most games. The excuse of being tired is not something you'd expect to hear though. I just thought it was interesting and maybe we should keep our expectations low for the start of the season.

14. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Having tubby Josh Smith around gave everyone else the illusion that they were in great shape when they were not.

15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

McHale is always bashing the team though so I really don't know what to take from this.

This is not a McHale complaint from me, I promised not to complain about him but...yeah. This is his thing.

16. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

That's inexcusable. The whole point of training camp and the preseason is to get into playing shape. I understand with so many guys missing games, they may not exactly be in midseason form. But to tire out in the 2nd half of a game when they were playing regular minutes in the 1st half?

I sincerely hope we're not dealing with a case where reaching the WCF last season made some of the players(and possibly McHale) complacent. If you don't think other teams like the Spurs, Thunder, and Clippers are hungry this year, you're in for a rude awakening.

17. Sajan

Sajan Member

McHale is Josh Smith draining 3s?

18. Jerry36

Jerry36 Member

babying them...... get little scratch on them and they have to take a day off from practice

19. dmoneybangbang

No, McHale tells it like it is and has the hardware on his fingers to gain respect.

20. mclawson

mclawson Member

He's the one with the balls to play that lineup of Corey Brewer, Josh Smith, Trevor Ariza, Jason Terry, and Dwight Howard in the 4th quarter of an elimination game with the MVP candidate sitting on the bench. I'd say that's just as important, if not more so.