1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can former Rocket Eric Gordon and the Suns bounce back against the Timberwolves? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[ESPN First Take] Texans will regret passing up Manziel

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by htwnbandit, Feb 17, 2014.

1. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66_tOAPEy4o

I'm with them, they better pick Manziel. Bridge had some weak-ass competition, and you can't deny the passion Manziel has. When he turns into the franchise QB he says he will be and he is not on our roster, we'll be ****** and I will not be happy.

Keep Johnny Texan!!

1 person likes this.
  2. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Oh well if SKIP BAYLESS said it...

3. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

He did say that Vince Young would be the Michael Jordan of the NFL. So, yeah.

4. ktbballplaya

ktbballplaya Member

Johnny has the full support of the media lol..its absolutely amazing to witness

5. Raven

Raven Member

Either the media is trying to sabotage the Texans or they've finally accepted that Tebow mania is history and are looking for his replacement.

6. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Somebody should just make a list of all the predictions all these guys have completely messed up.

Hell, I can't remember a single instance of "team x will regret passing up on player y" actually coming true.

7. solid

solid Contributing Member

Wow! What an endorsement, and , stop the presses, Skip and Stephen agreed on something!

Let's face it, there is something magical about JF. The Vince Young comparisons are fair in one way and not another. I don't think there has ever been a JF, he is a prototype. Something a bit different. First I was trending Bridgewater, lately, I have been thinking trade down for more draft positions and bring in a vet. I don't know, let's get past the combine and then vote our convictions (like they matter).

8. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

No one knows. Everyone who says they do is kidding themselves. It's a toss up.

1 person likes this.
  9. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Rick Smith is a genius. I'm sure he'll make the right decision.

10. solid

solid Contributing Member

Yeah, and he has lots of curly hair. :grin:

11. Remii

Remii Member

I think there are too many Johnny threads... Yea I like Johnny but this is getting ridiculous.

1 person likes this.
  12. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

LOL @ the OP's demeanor. I guess there has to be the "pro Manziel" equivalent of endoftheworld (who has an obsession with Johnny....looking at the # of replies in Manziel related threads. )

Thanks for sharing the video though. **** is fun, leading up to the combine and draft this is the most fun following the Texans I've had in months.

#12 Uprising, Feb 17, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2014
  13. endoftheworld

endoftheworld Member

Golden Calf of Bristol proportions

14. meh

meh Contributing Member

ESPN guys are forced by the higher ups to talk about personalities that cause the biggest reactions. Tebow was one such player. Dwight was one such player after the Dwightmare. And right now Manziel is that player.

These guys rarely speak their mind so much as what they're told to say in order to get ratings. People say Skip Bayless is an idiot, but I bet you he's probably very knowledgeable and articulate off camera. He has to in order to establish relations with sports teams and sources.

But on camera, they become idiots because idiots get ratings. Either from mindless followers of Manziel who needs confirmation of their worshipping of him, or from people who dislike Manziel as a prospect and watch to laugh at these people. Either way, they get more ratings than something like "Manziel is a curious case because he has some pluses and some minutes. And let me list them..."

15. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

There seems to be a double standard for Manziel haters. It's okay for Payton Manning to declare his confidence as a #1 pick, but not JM? Obviously he panned out to be a pretty good QB but nobody knew at the time.

Also people say JM had a horrible defensive team at A&M but defend Bridgewater saying he didn't write the Louisville schedule. It's like smh

16. endoftheworld

endoftheworld Member

Manning told that to Irsays and Moras face behind closed doors, you didn't hear about it until a couple years later.

Manziel is going through John McClain

I don't get the garbage you are saying in your second paragraph

17. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

How is he one of a kind?
    He seems very similar to RG3 to me.
    He also seems similar to Marriotta (who literally is playing at the same time in college as Manziel).

Heck, he's really pretty similar to Pat White. Yes, Manziel was more prolific. And I think definitely better. But a good portion of the prolific stats is the fact that offense have gotten so much faster.

I'm not saying JFF isn't one of a kind or truly might be the next big thing. I don't know. I just think there are past versions to point to, of varying success.

I personally feel more comfortable that Teddy will translate into a 10 year pro bowl caliber QB who could lead a team to a SB.

But I'd be ok with either. Or neither.

18. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

Basically calling out all the hypocritical Johnny Manziel haters like yourself.

19. endoftheworld

endoftheworld Member

How old are you?

20. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member