1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ESPN First Take on the Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by thebeardedwon, Feb 12, 2014.

1. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Stephen A. Smith has personal relationships with a LOT of NBA and NFL players. He was the very first person Dwight called to correct the story when Chris Broussard & crew started perpetuating that "50/50" BS, and the first media personality Dwight chose to grant an interview after signing here. I definitely don't think he just checks box scores and adopts other peoples' opinions.

I do however get the impression that he has become increasingly reluctant to say anything negative about most athletes (probably to preserve the relationships/trust he has formed).

2. rocketblood713

this was in the truehoop thread about Harden being the next Melo

3. KlutchQT

I totally get how his delivery can be off-putting to some, but I think his opinions are substantively solid (even if I don't always agree with them).

4. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Bring the noise!

5. That's Turrible

6. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

could someone post a video of this if it's available please?

7. NotChandlerParsons

Eh, while I agree with the general points I don't think he's really said anything new here. And while I think James has picked up his defense a little, I don't think any stat that puts him #2 in defense on the Rockets is worth paying attention to. And Curry catches plenty of flack for his defense, but not quite as much as James because the Warriors are a better defensive team right now. If Asik plays well and we get our defense into the top #10 you will probably hear less criticism of James.

8. ShiniKashi

ShiniKashi Member

9. KlutchQT

No option to embed, but:

http://thestarters.nba.com/tue-feb-11-very-litigious/

Start at about 6:55. You know, the part where they call us "the hottest team in the league right now." :cool: Some chatter about our defensive improvement and the team starting to meet expectations that were set in the off-season.

10. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That dude needs an editor/grammar lesson.

11. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

Love Stephen A. You could apply all the negative things said about him to bill Simmons. The difference is Simmons has zero basketball knowledge and no insider info

12. chandlerbang21

I like harden but his style of play is so predictable. He only attacks the rim from the top of the key , he only takes midrange jumpers, he is a 100% set shooter and struggles to get off the ground with jumpers, and he looks for fouls more than scoring in the paint.

I think he can improve and add something to his game later but Overall i cant see him being one of the top 5 players in the league.

13. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

100% correct. All you need to know right here.

14. kwongadong

kwongadong Member

Not Chandler Parsons. Well, to be fair, SAS would actually have to have heard of Chandler before he could have a relationship with him.

15. apollo33

apollo33 Member

This right here

Those two guys aren't even analysts, they are TV personalities that don't watch games.

I bet you anything if we go on a slight losing streak all their tones would change 180 and start calling Howard no heart, no will, and Harden a hog again.

16. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

Skip is a Lin and Harden fan. SAS hates Lin, likes Howard, and apparently hadn't heard of Parsons until somewhat recently.

17. thebeardedwon

thebeardedwon Member

I think he already is top five

18. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Most people would do that, lol.

19. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

He said he likes Houston to get out of the first round. So if he's wrong all the time, we'll get to the third round, easy. Praise be to Skip who under-sells us!

20. thebeardedwon

thebeardedwon Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>If it's true Rockets won't give up ChandlerParsons as lynchpin of a trade for Rondo, Rockets making big mistake. Rondo=legitcontender.</p>&mdash; Skip Bayless (@RealSkipBayless) <a href="https://twitter.com/RealSkipBayless/statuses/436559494219595776">February 20, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

lol