1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] Expert Picks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Kate81, Apr 27, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Kate81

Kate81 Member

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2009/matchup/_/teams/rockets-trailblazers

I don't if this has been posted and I know its late in this current series, but check out the expert picks in the bottom right corner. Surprised to see Legler pick the Blazers in 6 games, since he has had our backs for the past 3-4 years.

Pretty good looking page dedicated to just this playoff series, just wanted to share if it hasn't been posted yet.

2. NafeesLACC

NafeesLACC Member

would be more relevant when we win it tho, you can never be too sure with the rockets.

3. pppbigppp

pppbigppp Member

wow, none of them can guess the correct final outcome :D

4. dragonwill

dragonwill Member

ESPN sucks, No repect since day one.
    They just don't like Dream and Yao or something.
    They are going to be sad if we get out of the 1st round this year.

5. slimichael85

slimichael85 Member

Let 's get this series finished and earn our due respect

6. RockieGuy09

RockieGuy09 Rookie

You really think we could earn it just by getting this series? The uphill battle will continue after Tuesday.

7. eyhab27

eyhab27 Contributing Member

i would rather the media pick the blazers, then the lakers, then whoever to beat us in the playoffs.

we clearly play much better when we play as the underdog.

8. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I'm more surprised by Hollinger than I am by Legler. Hollinger is a self-appointed stat geek, and for him to pick the Blazers in 6 is just odd. If anything, he would understand how difficult it is to close out a series on the road, so if he truly felt like Portland was gonna take the series, why would he not pick them in 7? Also, he has first-hand knowledge of our dominance over them so far this year, so again....I'm surprised he picked them in the first place. Blazers are 11-4 since march 26.....ALL FOUR LOSSES ARE TO THE ROCKETS. That's ownage right there, guys.

9. Vanilla Rice

Vanilla Rice Member

Blazers were the sexy pick by a lot of people at the beginning of the playoffs. Easier to take the sexy pick and say "see, I said it from the start", then to take the logical, smarter pick and blend in with everyone one else.

That, and ESPN blows, but that's besides the point! :D

10. MLittle577

MLittle577 Contributing Member

Sorry to say, but due respect doesn't happen with this franchise, yes even when we won championship.

When the Rockets close this series out, it will be all about the Blazers being too inexperienced (two active Rockets have been out of the first round, and Barry doesn't even play) and not about the Rockets beating them. Then we will become 2nd round fodder for the Lakers in which we will be touted as worst opponents than the Jazz.

11. guangzu

guangzu Member

after we close out this one tomorrow, I'll donate my s**t for all those experts to eat and enjoy.

12. RocketBlood

RocketBlood Contributing Member

LMAO!

13. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

I want all of those critics and analyst to pick the Lakers to sweep us or put us away in 5, and hopefully the Rockets can come out prove them wrong again and send the series to 6 or 7 ... possibly winning the series.

14. Al Capone

Al Capone Member

Exactly, we only won back to back titles "because Jordan was semi-retired." :rolleyes:

15. boheezi

boheezi Member

good point

16. Yodels

Yodels Contributing Member

We have players that are not too sexy. Tmac was our sexy player and he's injured. The ESPN guys are lured by the sexiness of a player, save for JVG who we know appreciates effort guys (Bowen, Chuck, Cato's last season, Sura, etc).... I still believe in basketball, effort > talent when talent doesn't compete for 48 minutes. We have players that compete for 48 minutes and we have something to play for as the movie "Fighting" has in its trailer.

17. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Kenny Smith and CHarles Barkley mentioned that last night in the postgame show (Inside the NBA). They specifically mentioned Battier, Scola, Hayes, Landry, Lowry, and even Artest (who I thought was debate-able). Most are work horse type players and are beating the Blazers, even though Portland is slightly more talented.

18. LAYGO

LAYGO Contributing Member

Excellent point because then at the end of the day if the pick goes opposite, they have a built in excuse: "too young" "too inexperienced" "over matched"

19. Precision340

Precision340 Member

we have beastly beasts i tell ya.. beasts on our team!! talent can only get you so far.. it takes hard work along with talent... artest has been saying this about tmac for weeks now

20. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

...it wasn't a completement.

They said that our players are not talented, just hard workers. Blazers are way too young and inexperienced to win against a composed and hard working team.