1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ESPN: Dwight Howard Reportedly Attracted to Omer Asik as a Front Court Partner?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, May 29, 2013.

1. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

Attracted to omer asik as partner.

CH thread title ftw.

2. thedude077

thedude077 Member

July can't come soon enough. I want to know where is this clown will decide he will go.

3. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

You're assuming McHale knows how to stagger minutes

Maybe he'll learn next year

4. jocar

jocar Member

But Asik/DH have no outside shot.? Both of them on the floor feels more like Chuck/Deke on steroids. Paint gets clogged, and Harden and Lin's strengths are hampered instead of amplified. But... on a team that lives and dies by the 3, those 2nd chance shots or put backs Howard/Asik would provide on O or take away on D would be priceless. Plus the (multiple?) killer screens they can set might make up for it-- if Harden/Lin dedicate more stop and pop this season.

For 30 and 35 minutes per game, 17 minutes with both of them on the court might not be such a bad thing, and is worth giving shot esp. when we have nothing to lose.

5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Thanks for the reply, but I don't think you really followed what I was trying to tell you.

1 person likes this.
  6. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

Both Nene and Gasol are skilled. Both can pass, shoot the 15 foot jumper and put the ball on the floor

Not to say Asik+Dwight can't work. Should definitely try it for a season until a better PF becomes available for trade.

#146 mike_lu, May 30, 2013
    Last edited: May 30, 2013
  7. haydenfisher342

dont worry, morey said hes going after dwight and cp3, if thats the case NO WAY LIN, Robinson, Asik are going to be around

8. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

NO WAY is a bit strong.

It will be Howard first and if that's successful Chris Paul (which will be ridiculously hard to force Clippers into a S&T). Only then will Asik and Lin not going to be around.

I really think its most likely that we'll just end up signing Howard outright and Asik and Lin will stay. Robinson or other PFs will go.

I'm very happy for Lin and Asik to go if we landed Howard and Paul.

I detailed how the trade could work in the thread "Who do you think will land here"

9. Rocket_Man_2.0

I think it can work. Howard can finish around the basket and so can Asik. Both can score the ball.

Lin
    Harden
    Parsons
    Howard
    Asik

:eek:

10. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Has anyone stopped to think the Asik claim isn't true? lol

11. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

Good point. Just like all the other Howard narratives, you don't know what to believe.

I read the Asik claim in about 3 or 4 different stories so its got momentum but it could all be from the same source.

The most believable one for me was cyberx when he said (paraphrasing) "We'd sign Howard straight up. No plans on trading Asik. His value will keep and we'll see what offers come."

May not be Dwight wanting to play with Asik but may happen by default anyways, making this a more likely scenario.

12. tburris872

tburris872 Member

13. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

That probably means something like "we're not just going to dump asik for the first thing to come along" more than "we plan on keeping him".

14. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

Could be true. But either way, the FO must be aware that J.Smith and Milsap are free agents but think Asik > J.Smoove / Milsap. So not worth the trade.

15. Jharden13

Jharden13 Member

Not sure offensively as it wouldn't be very good but defensively?. Damn nobody would get rebounds or get into the paint.

16. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

speaking of stretch 4. when is channing frye comming back?

17. haydenfisher342

heart is that of Mobleys, that he did not return

18. dantian

dantian Member

All Dwight wants is to be center of the offense, which he cannot be due to presence of better offensive players ahead of him in Gasol, Kobe, and even Nash. So, it's understandable that he'd rather play alongside the likes of Asik and KMart.

19. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

KMart?

He wants to go to OKC too?

20. basketballholic

LOL. Can you imagine if Asik could actually shoot that thing at 36-38%?

(That was good form.)