1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] Durant, Ibaka and Westbrook have a clique

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by NotChandlerParsons, Feb 20, 2015.

1. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Aren't you a Grizzlies fan, lol? You are just going to be a fan of like the best 4 teams in the league? Okay, that makes a LOT of sense...

2. what

what Member

Maybe I should have said I like how their built their teams and went about creating the style each of the teams play.

I don't mean LIKE as in I root for those teams. I just respect the paths they took to be great.

3. UTKaluman597

UTKaluman597 Contributing Member

Here's the issue with this. As someone Said earlier the rockets have never really tanked to the level of getting a top 5 pick to build that way, outside of Ming. When a team can't realistically build through the draft because guys like Duncan durant westbrook Conley curry don't usually fall to the 13yh or 14th pick, the only option you have is to build through FA and trades, which we have recently been excelling at. By your logic, Shaq was always a magic player, Rasheed Wallace a trailblazer or bullet, bosh a raptor, etc. sorry to say but this is the pros. Guys change teams every year, it's not like college. So I don't really get what your no soul comment means. The rockets do have a soul but right now they are trying to establish an identity and chemstry which is hard when you've had a bunch of trades this year and when one of your cornerstones has been injured. I don't expect you to understand most of this, as your posting history is full of ummm less than intelligent insights but still felt it needed to be said.

4. what

what Member

In reality, Shaq is NEVER going to be the same LAKER as Kobe, for one reason: shaq was a hired gun. Kobe WAS A LAKER.

Would you put Magic (as a laker) in the same breathe as Shaq? Hell no. The same goes for Pau.

Even Worthy is more of a laker than Shaq was. I also don't think the issue with the rockets was because they were too good (or never bad enough to get a good pick).

I think that the rockets after hakeem left and (starting with steve francis) decided that they were in the flipping player business. They got lucky on yao ming, but other than that, they never cared about developing another homegrown player through the draft.

the rules benefit teams now that want to buy players (which I think is a disgrace, but it is what it is) 30 years ago, if you wanted a superstar in a small to medium market it HAD TO BE through the draft.

5. i3artow i3aller

6. LandryMegaBeast

see:
    Parsons, Chandler
    Motiejunas, Donatas
    Jones, Terrence
    Brooks, Aaron
    Landry, Carl
    Patterson, Patrick

all players the rockets didnt develop

also to say atlanta created a style from the players they had is crazy.. korver milsap and carrol were all free agent signings

7. Rox11

Rox11 Member

What's the percentage Brooks gets canned after the playoffs?

8. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

If they don't make the Finals, I'd say near 100%. It's been obvious for years a change is needed.

9. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

It depends on Durant's health. If they lose Westbrook or Durant, he'll be spared. If they lose in 4 or 5 games, during the Semi-Finals or 1st round. He's toast.

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

No love lost between Reggie & OKC fans/former teammates. :)

<blockquote class="twitter-video" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Here's the exchange between <a href="https://twitter.com/ErikHorneOK">@ErikHorneOK</a> and Russell Westbrook on Reggie Jackson: &quot;Who?&quot; <a href="https://t.co/PrDnk5b7Qq">pic.twitter.com/PrDnk5b7Qq</a></p>&mdash; Anthony Slater (@anthonyVslater) <a href="https://twitter.com/anthonyVslater/status/670455388605575168">November 28, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Kevin Durant called Andre Drummond the Pistons &quot;best player&quot; and Kentavious Caldwell-Pope Detroit's &quot;second best player&quot; CC: Reggie Jackson.</p>&mdash; Anthony Slater (@anthonyVslater) <a href="https://twitter.com/anthonyVslater/status/670452968718667776">November 28, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<iframe width="800" height="437" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/_7Vcsr484Y0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

11. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

^^ Reggie might get fined for that.

12. ApuN

ApuN Member

I saw no humor in that no-dap-stare-down

It looked like Jeremy Lamb had some kind of smart aleck relationship with Westbrook and Westbrook didn't like it

If looks could kill, Jeremy prolly would have been vaporized on the spot

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

Russell stays so angry.

[rquoter]Russell Westbrook takes issue with Reggie Jackson's celebration antics

<script src="http://player.espn.com/player.js?playerBrandingId=4ef8000cbaf34c1687a7d9a26fe0e89e&adSetCode=91cDU6NuXTGKz3OdjOxFdAgJVtQcKJnI&pcode=1kNG061cgaoolOncv54OAO1ceO-I&width=576&height=324&externalId=espn:15095311&thruParam_espn-ui[autoPlay]=false&thruParam_espn-ui[playRelatedExternally]=true"></script>

AUBURN HILLS, Mich. -- Russell Westbrook said he took exception to former teammate Reggie Jackson's animated celebration with a few seconds remaining in the Detroit Pistons' 88-82 win over the Oklahoma City Thunder on Tuesday.

"Yeah, I did actually," Westbrook said when asked if he disapproved. "Honestly, I think that was some real bulls---. I don't appreciate it for our team and our organization. I don't like it at all. But it is what it is. We'll see him down the line. We'll take care of that when we get there."

Following a game-clinching rebound by Aron Baynes and an ensuing Thunder foul, Jackson hopped along the sideline while waving at the crowd for an extended amount of time and also shot a look at the OKC bench. As Baynes took his free throws, Thunder center Steven Adams had a lengthy conversation with Jackson.

"Just surprised, really," Adams said. "Says a lot about him."

"Keep it up here, though," Adams said, pointing to his head, "for next time."

Jackson, who finished the game with 13 points on 4-of-15 shooting and six assists, downplayed the incident.

"He just said a few words," Jackson said of his conversation with Adams. "He said a few words, I said a few words."

Asked if Jackson's rough departure was the main reason for the animosity, Westbrook said, "It doesn't matter, man. Honestly, he wasn't changing nothing for us. Obviously, he didn't want to be here. He's at a better spot. He's not doing too much of a difference, if you ask me. So, he [is] going to stay over here in Detroit, we're going to stay over here, and we'll see him next season."

In the first meeting this season between the Thunder and Pistons, Durant and Westbrook took veiled shots at Jackson. Westbrook replied, "Who?" when asked about his former teammate despite very clearly hearing the question, and Durant made it a point to list the Pistons' best players while leaving Jackson out.

When Jackson was traded last season, Durant said, "We felt like everybody wanted to be here except for one guy."

After Tuesday's loss, the Thunder locker room was visibly irritated, with Westbrook sitting in full uniform for an unusual amount of time, staring blankly ahead. One player who wished not to be named had strong words about Jackson as well.

The Pistons' victory over the Thunder, who rested Durant and Serge Ibaka, ended OKC's eight-game winning streak and was an important game for Detroit's playoff chase. Now at 40-35, the Pistons are in seventh place in the East and are 2½ games clear of the Bulls, who sit in ninth place.
    [/rquoter]

14. burnshroom

burnshroom Member

Unless he is at a Taylor Swift concert or (trying to) dance at the All Star Game intro.

15. OTMax

OTMax Member

Westbrook is very hypocritical and Reggie is an ass. Funniest thing: SAS on ESPN First Take saying Harden wanted out because of being in the shadow like Reggie. Just very far from the truth. Harden has never been disrespectful towards OKC even with his crazy performances as a Rocket.

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

why is wb a hypocrite?

17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Because every game Westbrook is dunking on dudes and dunking hard. After said dunks WB makes faces and celebrates.

Reggie's celebration wasn't bad at all. He just hung on the rim and pumped the crowd up. Westbrook just salty because they lost the game.

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

i don't think that's the celebration wb is referring to. And WB dunking hard is completely different then the issue here with RJ.

19. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

WB is one of my favorite players...but he is a huge hypocrite here. Dude celebrates every little thing he does and we chalk it up to his "emotion" or "energy". He shouldn't be talking there. I don't know what happened between them but I'd imagine ether was thrown both ways, Reggie has the right to celebrate .

20. J.R.

J.R. Member

Reggie must have slept with their mothers while in OKC.