1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ESPN: Donatas Motiejunas won't report to Rockets cause of $6M difference

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Gorki, Dec 7, 2016.

1. topfive

topfive CF OG

You just don't get it. Sorry. You need to study the CBA rules like I have, then you'll be nearly the expert I pretend to be and you'll be able to talk condescendingly to your fellow CFers.

Jewel Sea

2. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

LMAO, no wonder D-Mo was so smug and complimenting his agent after he signed the deal. He knew the Rockets were gonna match and he wanted to be in Houston all along (and he got worried when we took 3 days to match). That's why he got his agent to add in these dumbass incentives. The Nets making the playoffs is a moon shot, but the Rockets is a slam dunk. He thought he could get more money out of Houston this way and it backfired.

What a couple of stooges.

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Also, keep in mind, our $7m was reported to have Incentives that got it back up to the $8m original offer we made in July.

He went from:
    • $8m base in July
    • to $7m with Incentives to $8m after QO expired
    • to $8.3m with Incentives to $9.3m (likely) and $9.8m Unlikely with Nets
    • back down to $8.3m because stupid agent.

4. basketballholic

You're not considering what can (and will) happen between now and March 1.

5. Mav-Hater

Mav-Hater Contributing Member

They do both have similar characteristics. Neither seems to know what the hell they are doing or saying at any given time!!

steddinotayto likes this.
  6. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

So lets continue to hold BBH accountable here guys. All I see is him doubling, and tripling down here hoping that something happens (any type of renegotiation for more money) that allows him to self validate his claims for 6 months.

What is this "Seam" in the CBA that BJ is "brilliantly" exposing that will be a "landmark" for free agents in the future that I'm not seeing??

Because all I see here is an agent that didn't understand the CBA, and the contract that the Nets wrote out that they agreed to fully understanding that the Rockets could match (we are willing to give BJ enough credit to believe he understand RFA at this very basic level right?). If forcing your free agent to NOT WORK for 3/4 of the season (assuming BBH's March 1st holdout is his current crackpot theory), than that would be like me telling my wife & kids that I'm giving up my 6 figure job to take advantage of government welfare for a year, and in a year I'll get another job for more money.... all the while I can't pay for Christmas, food, diapers, etc. for a year.

7. rockpileindisma

Let brokeback little-d mo go to the j*zz. Small peepee Havin ass

8. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I'm sorry, you fall for that? Every time he gets called out he puts two of his avatars into a conversation as a smoke screen. Which is even more sad. o_O

topfive likes this.
  9. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

DMo first move....fire agent !
    2nd move....lace up sneakers
    3rd move...earn your money
    4th move...shut up or go away

10. finsraider

finsraider Member

I'm sure they do carry E&O.

The lawsuit itself wouldn't matter. The annihilation of trust would do far more harm.

11. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

Because that's the range he's been floating around with his supposed "insider" info, so he's gonna stick to it of course, to prove that he's always in the right.

I just find it funny that there're still posters trying to talk sense into BBH.

12. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

The Answer: Fire BJ

13. Bravoexo

Bravoexo Member

Having the trigger date move means that Playoff Incentive, if there is one is more likely a guarantee with how the Rockets are playing.

14. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Man, DMO has had a bad year.

Detroit implies that he has a bad back (even though there was no evidence) because they got cold feet about losing a pick. The earth thinks DMO's back is worse than it might be. Now BJ forgets how to be an agent and doesn't read the size 25 bold print when structuring an offer sheet.

DMO is like F^&k You 2016.

15. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

If you have the documentation from Detroit's physical, please do share.

16. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Why is the March 1st date for the guarantee for 17-18 salary even negotiable? The offer sheet has already been signed and matched with that date in mind. Why are the Rockets even allowed to ask to move that date back? Shouldn't the only issue be whether or not the Rockets honor the incentives the Nets put into the contract?

17. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

**** good point. I'll do some detective work and get back to you. I saw jopats Twitter and learned his political views. Does anyone know bobbys political views

18. PuzzledFan

PuzzledFan Member

How is an inferior contract offer matching?

19. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

This fat chick that works at the HEB at bunker hill and i10 gives a fire bj

Snow Villiers likes this.
  20. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

All this drama for a 8pt 4 reb, bad back having role player?! To hell with DMo.

FANfrom86toNow and J.R. like this.