1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] Devil Rays outfielder Alex Sanchez Suspended for steroids

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Tyree, Apr 3, 2005.

1. drapg

drapg Member

And that's not saying its a bad thing. I'm the leader of the pack.

2. SamFisher

SamFisher Member

Players don't just take steroids, GH, & other banned substances to turn into musclebound incredible Hulks.

Rather, often they take them in order to help recover from injuries more quickly - it speeds up the rebuilding of tissue, etc when it is injured or damaged. A lot of times, guys who get off the juice tend to not only shrink but break down quickly & more frequently - see McGwire, Bonds, etc.

3. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

yeah but you put on significant weight with steroids and you do get stronger. i used a product that is basically steroids called 1-ad from ergopharm and stacked it with tribulus terrestris. i put on like 20 pounds in 2 weeks. initially i weighed 155 when i started working out then i put on 10 pounds, so i was up to 165. then i started taking this stuff and i got huge pretty quick. granted most of the weight was water mass i still retained 10 of the 20 pounds and i weigh 175 now. btw im 5'10.

and your point about sprinters....most sprinters has pretty well built upper bodies too since it helps their speed. sprinters may not be mark mcgwire but they are pretty built.

4. slickvik69

slickvik69 Member

Wow, baseball caught a guy with 4 career home runs. Whoop-dee-doo.

5. Christopher

Christopher Member

Going into the Cricket World Cup a couple of years ago the all time wicket takes, Shane Warne, tested positive for a banned drug.

It turnedout he had taken a Diuretic.....he said his Mum had given him them to help him lose a bit of weight.

He got banned for 1 year because diuretics can be used to mask performance enhancing drugs.

In the Australian NRL (www.nrl.com.au) players get banned for 2 years for steroids and just in the last few years we've had players banned for taking concain and ecstasy.

If these spoirting organisations had followed the MLB with their ridiculous rules....Warne would have missed the first 10 minutes of a Test match and the NRL players would have only been only to play 30 seconds after the kickoff of the next game!

I saw the NFL also talking up their rules on illegal drugs. let me tell you....their rules in a game where exlosive power is EVERYTHING are probably even worse!

US Sport has a LONG was to go before its fight against drugs is seen to be even close to being credible.