1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] Day One Summer League Roundup

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TexAg713, Jul 10, 2010.

1. DCHAMP

DCHAMP Member

i always like pdpatt ever since we drafted him some ppl didnt like the pick but i thought that he can stretch the floor and is aggressive....i hope taylor can take over a role off the bench and bring explosivness in the game

2. diegot143

diegot143 Member

LIke a the poster said, numbers are not everything. Scola has more leadership and heart leadership and passion then probably all of these players except for maybe two of them.

3. tofu--

tofu-- Member

I've had a mancrush on Patrick Patterson since we drafted him and it looks like it won't change for the foreseeable future.

4. OvenproofBadger

Scola is NOT better than Boozer, he just isnt. I know we rockets fans love him, but be objective about this, Boozer is clearly better. As is West and Lee imo

5. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Member

Zach Randolph?
    David West?

Scola is better than them...

6. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

I think Scola's numbers since Landry was traded and he got real starters minutes:

19.8 ppg, 9.25 rpg, and 2.5 apg*

would definitely qualify him for top 10 PF status over the course of a full season.

*does not count the ORL game where he got hurt early and barely played.

7. k-money

k-money Member

nope scola is top 10, jefferson doesnt deserve it scola is way better.

8. AKRocketsFan

AKRocketsFan Member

Scola is a diamond in the rough. For what he gets paid he draws a lot more value then all the PF's in the league. He almost averaged a double double last year(16.8/8.6).
    He also is an experienced champion and MVP on many levels. People on this forum truly underestimate his value to this team to any tam for that matter.
    Losing Scola would be a big blow to this teams chemistry and it factor.
    Scola had 44/12 game lat year. That's beastly especially considered the guy has like zero hops.
    Why do you think Ron Artest has the guys framed jersey hanging in his house. Artest doesn't give props out lightly. This the guy that said he played against guys better than Kobe, that never made it to the NBA in pickup games on the streets of New York( and he was serious).
    Point is Scola is a Baller this will be his fourth year in the league and I think we're going to see the best basketball Luis has played in his life the next few years. :)

9. Raven

Raven Member

Luis is a great value because of his contract, but if the Rockets have to pay him big money.....

10. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

so i guess your saying donte greene is a starter in sacromento by default?

11. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Member

assuming salries match, are you willing to trade Scola for Jefferson, Randolph, or West straight up?

12. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Member

From PP
    I expected him to say "It can help MY GAME alot". He's already thinking of ways to help his team. And it doesnt come off contrived either, comes across genuine. Which is nice and all, but its nice on a player with actual ability.