1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] David Carr, right man to lead franchise

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Khal80, Oct 28, 2006.

1. rhester

rhester Member

I think Carr and Phil Simms are similar, you just gave me a little hope. :)

2. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Well, I think that he had an excellent game against Jacksonville. Yet, people wanted to make excuses against that. I predict that if he throws for 225 yards, 2 TDs, and 0 ints, either people will use your already built-in excuse that the Giants are missing three of their front seven or they won't show up at all.

You, of all posters, calling me a drama queen just made my day.

3. msn

msn Member

Nice ad hominem. I can't speak for the drama queen [sic] himself, but I will say that it's not about loyalty. It's about gratuitous b****ing and moaning that is rarely based upon sound logic.

As far as terse remarks from RM95 or anyone else, you seem adept at dishing out so I would hope you don't mind taking it.

4. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Bingo. As I've posted numerous times, I was happy with the decision to bench Carr on Sunday. However, at this point in this season, he has earned the right to make up for that performance. Luckily, the coach agrees with me and not those who want to start a 6-year backup after one good half.

5. jgreen91

jgreen91 Member

I like it.

6. SamFisher

SamFisher Member

As opposed to the rightul state of the universe, wheere a legion of posters should show up with the appropriate "way to be average, Carr!" accolades.

Anybody who is brought to tears whenever Kelly Clarkson's fat ass is noted on the internet = drama queen

#146 SamFisher, Oct 31, 2006
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2006
  7. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Member

Carr's 1st 5 years: 76 rating, 57TD, 58INTs, 59% completion %.

Jake Plummers 1st 5 years: 70 rating, 72TD, 94INTs, 56%.
    ..last 4 in Denver: 85 rating, 65TD, 41INT, 59%.

I think it might be time for the Texans and Carr to part ways for their both's sake, but if so it says more about the Texans than Carr.

BTW Reggie Bush has a 3YRP and 1TD and 1FB (lost) and 1INT through 7 games (no TDs in preseason either). Where are the 1-2 TDs he would produce for any NFL team he would arrive to. Where can all the fans that lead to his #1 jersey sales before he ever even played an NFL game go to get their refund? How soon will Saints fans with his jersey have to ask for extra paper bags on their way out of Winn Dixie (for those familair with the old Saints era).

8. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Nevermind the fact that I've posted that he should've been benched on Sunday and that I feel that if he has another performance like Sunday, he should be benched again.

9. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I feel that if a fan is going to bash someone non-stop, they should at least have the decency to give him props when he has a good game.

Anyone who is brought to tears by people not liking Greg Davis' conservative philosophy or who doesn't like Kelly Clarkson or [insert every other thread that you've ever posted in] = queen drama queen.

10. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Member

I think she can sing her *ss off. I don't know about a BIG or FAT or THICK *ss, but she can SING. I don't bring myself to tears for Kelly Clarkson.

"That [girl] CAN SING!!!" - barber shop dude at beauty pageant

Anyway, man. Let's stop this bickering. CAN WE JUST CHEER the TEXANS regardless of who is the quarterback, ya'll? :(

11. Khal80

Khal80 Member

I take you up on that,,,,for some odd reason, I still think were going to go on a run and end up having a great season???!!!!!???!!!!!!

12. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

It wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility. We could be favored in at least four of our remaining games. Even with Carr's horrendous first half, we still had a decent shot against Tennessee. We're 2-1 against teams with comparable talent levels and have games with Tennessee, Cleveland, Oakland, Buffalo and the Jets left. If Carr plays like he has for the vast majority of the year, our defense continues to improve, and our running game the last two weeks isn't a fluke, it wouldn't surprise me if we ended up with six-seven wins.

13. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Notable Member
    Supporting Member

Careful Sam ~ RM95 bleeds Texans' battle red blood !

14. msn

msn Member

See, I think that's a little unrealistic. New scheme, new coaches, etc: even these guys are professionals it just won't be built in a day. I *expected* implosions like Sunday's to take place this season, and I'm still expecting 4-12. If they go 5-11 or God forbid 6-10 I'll be beside myself with pleasant surprise.

15. SamFisher

SamFisher Member

I'll remember that next time I seek marital advice on a basketball BBS.

16. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I have no idea what this means, so I'm probably better off for it.

Unless, of course, it's a dig at my currrent marital situation. In that case, you're a bigger dick than I thought.

17. MadMax

MadMax Member

man, this is getting ridiculously personal. it's just david carr and football.

18. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Member

I'm going off to write some poetry.

19. Buck Turgidson

Come to think of it...isn't your son a Carr fan? Probably says something about you as a father, and is clearly relevant to your posts on an internet site, or something. :confused: :(

20. MadMax

MadMax Member

he loves the texans far more than i do, that's for sure. clearly i'm a failure as a father because he and i disagree on this issue.