1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] David Carr, right man to lead franchise

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Khal80, Oct 28, 2006.

1. rhino17

rhino17 Member

You overestimate DC. Yes the oline is bad but you have to realize, carr causes many of the sacks himself. He holds on to the ball to long and is too indecissive. Getting up after being sacked is not what I call leadership. I call taking a team on your back and single-handedly winning a game,(VY Rose Bowl) is leadership. Having your teamates trust in you and not letting them down is part of leadership. And most importantly, playing your best when the game is on the line. The biggest game of the season the game where he could prove all his critics wrong, he screwed up. He played his worst game of the year. The guy cannot play under pressure. He is not a leader or a winner. He has never carried a team to victory and has proven nothing in 5 years in the NFL. Everyone is treating Carr like a rookie saying oh just give him some time to figure things out. You know what IT HAS BEEN 5 YEARS and he is still CLUELESS. This guy is not a player you can depend on and he never will be.

2. rhester

rhester Member

I for one would much rather had you drafting for the Texans over the first 4 seasons than Charlie Casserly.

I have read your posts and I can say emphatically we would have a better team right now.

Sorry, we disagree on this.

3. msn

msn Member

Thanks, but seriously I believe I would have screwed up even worse than CC. Not to defend the piece of crap he built here or the hideous "performance" he turned in, but he *did* build a SuperBowl champion elsewhere, and folks forget that. There's just more to it than numbers and how well someone played in college or in another NFL town. And, I would get run out of there in about a week, if that.

We do. But thanks for answering my rather terse remark so diplomatically.

4. rhester

rhester Member

It would be interesting to look back and see if you just took the Mel Kiper (who I don't like) draft board and the Texans picked accordingly what our roster would look like?

5. underoverup

underoverup Member

carr deserves another shot of course, but if he messes up again like sunday then sage comes in and does well then there should be a change at qb. i think everyone can agree on this, right? :confused:

6. updawg

updawg Member

Sounds good to me. But I think the people for Carr will say the Giants are just too good of a team etc.

7. msn

msn Member

No, but you might hear (correctly) that it's Carr's performance that should be evalutated, not the score at the end of the game (unless, of course, his performance is directly responsible for the score at the end of the game).

8. SamFisher

SamFisher Member

The Giants defensive front seven will be deemed too difficult for Carr to deal with (despite the fact that they are down two starting DL and Lavar Arrington) so he gets a free pass to suck this weekend.

9. The Real Shady

This game could mark the end of Carr. If the Giants get presure on Carr he'll fold like he always does against a pass rush. Now if Sage enters the game again and is successful moving the ball then Carr should be put on the bench permanently.

10. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Member

SO are you saying that it's CARR by himself, no OFFENSIVE LINE, Tight Ends, or Running Backs to block for him? It should ALL be on CARR? Is that right? [​IMG]

11. SamFisher

SamFisher Member

No, this is what I'm saying:

The Giants defensive front seven will be deemed too difficult for Carr to deal with (despite the fact that they are down two starting DL and Lavar Arrington) so he gets a free pass to suck this weekend.

12. rhester

rhester Member

In spite of all I've said, I hope Carr kicks the giants all over the stadium Sun. and we get a win.

13. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Member

OK, SamFisher, I got your point. Now, what about the Offensive Line, Tight Ends, or Running backs? Are they going to take the day off? Please tell me what you think about players NOT blocking OR blocking for ANY quarterback that is in there. Please focus on that. :cool:

14. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Member

What are you trying to say?

:confused:

15. updawg

updawg Member

he's trying to say that there is always going to be an excuse for Carr.

Do you guys think the rest of the offense takes plays off when Carr is in there? But when the backup comes in they actually block and try.

Last week the excuse was that it was garbage time, thats why Sage looked better. This week will be because the Giants are a far superior team that the Texans can't match up with. The week after will be something else.

16. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Just like the excuses the haters have for when he doesn't have a bad game. Oh, he's just throwing dumpoff passes or he's playing against a team that didn't show up...so on and so forth.

I haven't heard one poster who supports Carr say that he did not suck on Sunday. He did. But, you have all kinds of posters who are willing to forget Carr's cumulative good season and wish to start a guy who's had one good half. They like to point that there's 4.5 years of evidence on Carr, that we know what we have. Why can't we point to the 6 years of Rosenfels being a backup? How is that not evidence that he's not starter material?

I don't think there will be any excuses by the team if Carr sucks this week if he plays like he did Sunday. Rest assured, if our OL sucks and Carr doesn't play well, the haters will not hesitate to cast the blame soley on Carr. In fact, Carr could throw for 365 yards and 4 TDs and people would say he only did that because the Giants were missing two DL and Arrington (you know, if we're going to make dumbass predicitions on what others will say about a game that hasn't even been played yet).

17. underoverup

underoverup Member

it is amazing all the excuses they come up with for carr, i don't dislike him by any means, but he just has never seemed comfortable in the nfl. some people have 'it' and some dont' next week is carr's last chance imo, kubiak didn't just pull him for the fun of it.

18. underoverup

underoverup Member

rich gannon was a career backup before taking his team to the superbowl, i'm sure there are many more career backups that have done well once they were given a shot.

19. Buck Turgidson

Terry Bradshaw & Phil Simms were starters who struggled for years early in their careers before taking their teams to the superbowl. I'm sure there are many more young starters that have done well once they became acclimated to the league & were given a decent supporting cast.

We can play this game all day. It tells us nothing.

20. SamFisher

SamFisher Member

That's the way it always is for David Carr, the bar is "not having a bad game." despite the fact he is allegedly (and compensated as) an elite QB.

As far as going for 365 yards and 4 TDs or anything close - why are you even fretting that that is even going to be a possibility?

In 4.5 years of starting, he's posted numbers similar to that exactly once in a loss in 2004 vs. Minnesota (372 yards, 3 td's, 0 ints).

Why don't you go dig up the 2004 game thread and show me the people who said that back then? Too busy constructing the myth that he never was given a chance despite years and millions of dollars?

As far as predictions though, I predict you and your drama queen attitude wil be back here next week, making caustic posts about anybody who smells of disloyalty to the Texans to you, as you seem to have adopted this as one of your pet issues; I predict that it will be mildly amusing to me to see it.