1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] David Carr, right man to lead franchise

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Khal80, Oct 28, 2006.

1. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Member

Carr was terrible but I wouldn't want VY to replace him. 7 for 15 for 87 yards? VY is passing about as well as Bush is running.

2. weslinder

weslinder Member

Not David Carr. My point was that Carr is typically dead accurate. His passes are right in the receiver's hands more often than not. Rosenfels was pretty erratic, but most of his passes were close enough for really good receivers (which the Texans have) to go get. He was far more accurate than Young yesterday, but not nearly as accurate as David Carr is typically.

3. MadMax

MadMax Member

know what? i'll take those stats sans the carr fumbles and interceptions....particularly when we're talking about a QB only starting his 4th or 5th game.

our QB was starting in his 67th game. he was totally awesome.

4. MadMax

MadMax Member

yeah...he threw it right into that quadruple team!!! sweet!!!!!

i don't care how accurate he is when he makes decisions like that.

5. Saint Louis

Saint Louis Member

Here is a question. Do the other Texan players want to play for Carr? Has Carr lost the ability to lead this team? I'm just thinking back to the plot of the movie "Any Given Sunday".

6. MadMax

MadMax Member

i guarantee you, at least half of that locker room feels they have a better chance of beating the Giants next week with Sage than David...no matter what they say in the media.

7. MadMax

MadMax Member

Another thing...it's not just David Carr that upsets fans. It's the opportunity cost of David Carr. It's who you didn't draft with a #1 pick TWICE (2002 and 2006 drafts) because you made a commitment to Carr that upsets folks about Carr beyond what he does or doesn't do on the field.

8. DonnyMost

DonnyMost Member
    Supporting Member

well if Madmax says it, then boy howdy, it must be true!!

9. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

yeah, I mean didn't you see all those guys cheering him up on the sideline. he was never standing alone and sulking.

10. Summer Song Giver

I have a hard time believing David has the support of his team, we don't know but I really have a hard time believing he does.

11. msn

msn Member

I don't have time to read all these posts in these threads, just coming in to man up and eat my crow.

My boy DC sucked yesterday. Hard. Worst game of his career. At lease one of the sacks I saw was completely on him.

Whatever the Texans do going forward I'll support, as every QB will have games where he sucks hard. Perhaps DC can put it together, perhaps not.

McClain was on the radio this morning with a pretty accurate take about the game. Everybody but Owen Daniels, some guys on defense, and Wali Lundy sucked. The coaches sucked, too. Worst game of the year, and at the worst possible time.

12. rhester

rhester Member

Hey we have been on opposite sides on Carr and last week I really thought he showed some big improvement getting the ball to AJ.

I would love to get behind Carr and see us win some of these games we have a shot at.

What hurts me the most is, I have watched football for 45 yrs. and I rarely have seen so much benefit of the doubt and excuses given to a QB who does not win games.

I just haven't seen one Texan game where I would say David was the MVP of the game. I can't remember a game where he carried the load.

The one time I remember him making a big play that resulted in a win was the QB sneak on the last play of the game... was that two yrs. ago?

I don't think Carr is a washout at all. I think he could be OK eventually here or better yet given a fresh start with another team. Carr has talent.

But he is not the playmaker, leader, decision maker, difference maker that you take at #1 to build a franchise around. He is not Peyton Manning, or Carlson Palmer. That's my opinion.

He looks like a rookie QB when the pressure in on the pocket and he still does not make plays in the red zone. He is still playing about as good as he did his rookie season.

I love his stats this season. But I don't like his results.

For me, we are cooked, because if Carr doesn't work out we are going to have a hard time getting a good QB.

Just the fact that Rosenfeld looked better than Carr irks me.
    Just the fact that we mention Rosenfeld's name in the same sentence as Carr irks me. Just the fact that Kubiak had to pull Carr and put in Rosenfeld irks me. Just the fact that Kubiak is going to have to pull a rabbit out of his hat and turn Carr into a winner, a playmaker and a leader irks me.

OK so I am irked. :D

13. MadMax

MadMax Member

what about the OL? i thought they were fine yesterday. sage didn't seem to have a problem with it. the running game was going. i thought they played just fine.

14. MadMax

MadMax Member

it's just a strongly stated opinion.

15. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I think the OL played better when Sage came in. There were a lot of plays where Carr just didn't have the time. Of course, he shouldn't throw into quadruple coverage or fumble the ball, but let's not act like they both had the same protection, they just didn't.

Again, I know he's our best player currently, but why doesn't AJ ever get flack for missing catches he should make?

16. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Member

It's also a factor that Carr just can't seem to feel the pressure and get rid of it or step out when needed. Not all those sacks were the OL's fault. He was still completing a high percentage but sometimes looks lost in the pocket, like he doesn't know where to go to avoid the pressure.

AJ dropped about 3 more passes, including one that turned into an INT for Sage.

17. Buck Turgidson

Ephraim Salaam played like crap while I was watching. Besides the penalties, on one of Carr's fumbles (I believe the one that was returned for TD), the RDE was basically untouched, just ran right around him.

18. MadMax

MadMax Member

I didn't think the OL played better. I think Sage sidestepped pressure. I think it was the very first play...the pressure came...he took 2 steps back to avoid pressure...stepped up into the pocket and hit a player in stride. He moved as the pocket moved. The game seemed to slow down. The pace was different. Carr appears frantic when the pressure comes. He doesn't handle it very well.

If Sage is better...play him.

If the OL plays better for Sage...play him.

Yeah, I hear ya on AJ. He's dropped way too many lately.

19. MadMax

MadMax Member

you're right..i forgot about the penalties. those sucked.

but still...over 100 yards rushing at halftime.

20. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Member

What he said...Although, a lot of fans, including me are upset at Carr too...