1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] David Carr, right man to lead franchise

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Khal80, Oct 28, 2006.

1. HillBoy

HillBoy Member

Carr is running out of time. I agree with guys like Rocket River & DaDakota that this is a make or break year for Carr and he could very well be gone next year.

2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

My friend pointed out the irony
    of Carr getting bench the 1st game against VY
    also
    To me
    He has his worse game .. while have the best Rushing game of the year
    [After so many folx blamed it on the poor running game]

Rocket River

3. Pocket Rockets

the make or break year was last year for me....i quit making excuses for carr this season....

he does but just not with this team

4. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Member

So you agree with me? Get him a better offensive line, maybe?

5. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

as someone on the radio said, it was telling how carr was all by himself on the sideline after being benched. I want say he was sulking, but it looked like he could have reacted better.

6. Pocket Rockets

i partially agree with you, the fact that he has potential....

i don't think a better offensive line will help him to reach that potential..

i do think he needs another frest start with a different team to realize his full potential

7. rhino17

rhino17 Member

David has now been in the league five years. He's either got it or he don't.

Carr DONT

8. Pocket Rockets

the curse of the espn front page strikes again!

9. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Member

DUDES. New coaching staff. New system. Barely 7th game of the season. Sage comes in fresh. Of course he's going to do well. All of those quarterbacks do. I don't want to believe this is a BRADY vs. BLEDSOE thing, though... :(

If David had waaaayyy (i mean, way) many more INTs than TDs, I could see ya'll with a point here. Such is not the case. Sage needed to come in to fill in for a really bad day for CARR. David was banged up. Sage was not. Fresh legs, fresh mind, no controversy for him.

10. Pocket Rockets

exactly...thats why carr needs a new team

11. macalu

macalu Member

Sage isn't supposed to upstage Carr like he did today.

i hate to say this, but i'm off the Carr bandwagon. i already said why in the Carr is done thread so, ughh, i'm so tired of this ****.

12. Khal80

Khal80 Member

god, i stand up for this guy every weekend

he really messed up today,this should have been a W

Last chance against the Giants, even if i think he has all the talent in the world, if sage is best for the team, let him play

as a strong DC supporter, im giving him one more chance

13. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Member

Potential...Hell, we've been saying that since we drafted him...As Jerry G used to say..."Not For Long"...as in Carr won't last the rest of the season with the way he's been playing...Sage will give him a run for his money, all that money...

14. gucci888

gucci888 Member

Carr has thrown for 0 TDs and 4 Ints in games after a win. The cowboys have a good defense but there's no excuse against the Titans. His pass into quadruple coverage tells me a lot of thing.

This is Carr's 5th year, he's had excuse after excuse, many have been legit, but I'm tired of this crap. I don't think Carr can win big with this team, that's why I wanted VY...but the Texans need to seriously start thinking about replacing him.

15. Pocket Rockets

ha, this sounds like a girlfriend thats cheated on you numerous times yet you still take her back!

Let Sage start!
    (my slogan of the week!)

16. weslinder

weslinder Member

I didn't watch the pre-season, so I didn't understand the love for Rosenfels. Now I do. He's good at everything that Carr is bad at. He's got great pocket presence, and is really good at buying time for more to develop. But what the supporters are ignoring is that what Carr does really well (pass accurately), Sage doesn't do well. Many of his completions were just barely within the reach of his receivers. His 18/25 could have easily turned into a 10/25 with either a few inches on his passes or an off-day for Johnson or Moulds. I'm not sure which is better, but it's definitely not clear-cut.

17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

inches????
    you can say that about *any* QB

Rocket River

18. Luckyazn

Luckyazn Member

How many time do I have to said it .....

DAVID CARR IS OVERRATED/OVERPAID !!! for $8mil?? and the backup comes in and does a BETTER JOB THAN HIM!

Come on people it has been 5yrs for this guy! Stop making excuses..... today should show that SOMEONE ELSE and play QB and lead this team without paying them $8mils !!!

DAVID CARR WILL NOT BE BACK AFTER THIS EXTENTION!! so let him gooo.....

19. sammy

sammy Member

It seemed like he reacted better than Bledsoe

20. rhester

rhester Member

VY will be in the playoffs before Carr QB's the Texans in a playoff game.

So sit back enjoy your Carr and be patient, it will take Kubiak all season to realize Carr isn't the answer (although he is starting to see it). Then he will bring in a QB to compete with Carr next season. Then after next season he will give up on Carr and we will be back to square one as an expansion franchise.

Have a long wait... you patient Texan fans.

I am a very impatient Texan fan because I wanted us to draft the QB from UT.