1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN Dallas] Mavericks hope to face Rockets in first round

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by redhotrox, Apr 3, 2015.

1. chievous minniefield

chievous minniefield Contributing Member

The Mavs are Basic b****es.

MacMahon is a contrarian troll who enjoys offending all equally. He seeks out attention and conflict, much like Feigen on Twitter.

2. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Make them ****ing pay. Harden will eat them alive.

3. koldlaser

koldlaser Member

Until last night I did felt good about this matchup.Then I saw just how much Stoudemire dominated Dorsey on the post. He would certainly destroy a weaker player like Dmo. And the emergence of Aminu scared me. Also, Ellis and Harris looks like they beginning to figure out Harden tendency in the open court, taking some charges last game. With more time to prep, Mavs coaches could figure out and set a perimeter to defend Harden just like Portland did.

4. Raven

Raven Member

Is Chubby starting to run his mouth again? Hasn't he learned anything?

:p

5. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

Dwight should only get the ball in the post when he has his man pinned with good position, where he pretty much doesn't need to even dribble to make his move.

6. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

Those charges you saw called weren't charges in any other game this year.

7. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

What the ESPN Dallas guys are right about though is that even though we weren't healthy in the 4 games we played them, it's highly unlikely we are healthy throughout the first round.

8. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Hehe...

People underestimate the Spurs, Max. That has always been the situation. Meanwhile, all they collect is hardware.

9. pippsux

pippsux Member

I'd rather face the mavs in the first rd....not to say it will be easy, but I think we got them.

10. YallMean

YallMean Member

Stoudmare is not to be feared ... because Josh can check him with ease. Remember we have Howard. Did you see how he helped us come back in the early fourth. Guys like Pablo are so savvy, they already figure out how to play with Howard. We don't need to sweep the Mavs, we just need to beat them in a seven game series. Can they beat us four times before we do? Don't think so.
    By the ways, I think Aminu may be the one that can slow down Harden. Ellis and Harris are mixed up materials in Harden's dishes. Portland's success last year against Harden was that they had multiple quick ahteletic guys that can blanket Harden step by step with rim protectors waiting for him inside. Dallas just don't have that, not for 48 minutes, we are going to wear them down eventually. You kinda see that in last night's game.

11. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

Adam Silver is gonna have to pull our foots out of their ass.

12. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

The Rockets get a greater percentage of points in the paint than any team in the league.

I'm less concerned with the 3 ball than I am with the charity stripe .... Josh Smith , Joey Dorsey , Clint Capela , Dwight Howard ..... all shoot around or below 50%.

13. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

I loled

14. chievous minniefield

chievous minniefield Contributing Member

15. Ashes

Ashes Member

I'd probably want to face Houston over Memphis too.

16. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

That's nice they feel that way, i don't blame them. The Grizzlies are probably a more intimidating team than us.

We are not known for deep playoff runs after all. We will have to earn that fear. A lot of people think Harden will choke in the playoffs and he's just going to have to prove them otherwise.

17. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

nice quote

18. SeeingRocketRed

That's exactly right. I think we have learned about overconfidence....The Rockets need to bring it at full intensity every game if they want to win playoff games and series.

19. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Harden realizes that, but he is concerned that we are not there yet. He alluded to it in the post game interview against the Mavs.

20. YallMean

YallMean Member

From OKC fans. b****es . We need to get some kills to shut those people once for all. We get no respect. We are currently sitting on the second seed in the west. Everybody seems to think that's a fluke.:(

1 person likes this.