1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] Daily Dime - Rockets Survive, Thrive on the Road

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Spacemoth, Nov 25, 2008.

1. jedicro

jedicro Member

No, we've nearly gone through one quarter of the ROAD season. Which is fantastic news.

2. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

the reason we're in great shape is WE ALWAYS have a great 2nd half every single year.

usually we struggle out of the gate. now we're all 2nd in the west. if we do the same thing, we could really win the division and take this #2 spot. the lakers look too stacked for the reg. season.

3. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

This is why I'm so excited. Tmac just needs to get healthy.

4. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Seriously?

[​IMG]

5. vjohnson

vjohnson Member

Deke will be the guy to put us over the top. Just imagine Deke, battier, artest, brooks and barry on the floor. No layups just long contested jumpers for the other team.

6. lunaticrocket

lunaticrocket Rookie

I sometimes think Hollinger is a closet Rockets fan. When he criticizes them, he uses fair/valid arguments. When he talks good about them, he sounds almost excited.

7. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I submit that that is actually NOT good news. The way this team plays on the road, we could use some more road games. Seems like we always play better on the road.

We are 2 fluke shots away from having a 9-1 road record.

8. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

That's the key right there....

9. Kerfeld

Kerfeld Contributing Member

You cant help but get excited about the start. It just makes those losses to Portland and San Antonio harder to get over. We should be 12-3.

10. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Scary scary team once Battier comes back.

11. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Considering all the things wrong with this team right now a 10-5 record is a great thing. I actually expected everyone to play much, much better early on yet I still said at the beginning of the season that 10-5 would be a great realistic start. I can't wait to see what this team does with everyone back healthy and the bugs worked out on offense.

If McGrady can get to 80%, Battier returns and everyone gets more comfortable with each other I can see this team ripping off something like 25-26 wins out of 30.