1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] Cuban unhappy with scheduling

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by mrdan, Jan 5, 2010.

1. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Actually Cuban doesn't bother me so much.

Scheduling two Houston games at the same time would be irritating to me too. Also the main reason I respect Cuban was for being the only owner who voiced protest of Clay Bennett's theft of the Sonics. That was beyond ****ed up imo.

2. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

This guy complains about everything that doesn't go his team way. When his team loses, he find a way to complain to the commissioner.

Like when the Rockets beat the Mavs twice, he tried to filed a complaint.

3. RedRowdy111

RedRowdy111 Contributing Member

Cuban is a bum

4. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

You can record the football game, if you are going to the basketball game.
    and its lame, the NBA has games daily, so its obvious that one game its going to match with other sport.

so last playoffs, the Nuggets had a game and the WWE has the same date in the same venue, and then the WWE changed it.

and the NFL has considerations to other leagues like when the World series is on, that sunday night, they dont have a game, so the people can watch the world series.

and if all the tickets are sold, why cuban cares, cuban already got his money for those tickets.

5. MONON

MONON Member

I agree that Cubern whines more than a 5yr old girl. However, I checked the NFL playoff schedules & he may have a point.

Saturday 1/9 NY Jets @ Cincinnati 4:30 pm & Philadelphia @ Dallas 8 pm
    Sunday 1/10 Baltimore @ NE 1 pm & GB @ Arizona 4:40 pm

Cincinnati doesn't have a NBA counterpart & the Suns are off both days. The rest of the NBA counterparts have games scheduled at those times. Swap the Sat. & Sun. NFL playoff games & there aren't any NBA conflicts.

This is based only on NFL & NBA schedules as I wasn't able to check venue schedules.

6. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

I dont think they did it for that, they used the most marquee-matchup of all four and put it on the primetime (saturday night) so they get more ratings and stuff.

the cowboys-eagles is the game that most people is going to watch.

7. pppbigppp

pppbigppp Member

8. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

9. BeCoMiNgThEbEsT

Mark Cuban LIVE WITH IT...