1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN College Gameday] #1 Texas vs. #11 Missouri

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by swyyyguy, Oct 16, 2008.

1. halfbreed

halfbreed Contributing Member

He has a point guys. Check out Zac Robinson's opponents in 2008:

Washington State
    Houston
    Missouri State
    Troy
    Texas A&M
    Missouri
    Baylor

If that's not a murderer's row of defensive prowess, I don't know what is.

2. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

I like how you conveniently left out the rest of the teams we played

at Troy L 41-23 1-2 (0-0)
    September 22 Texas Tech W 49-45 2-2 (1-0)
    September 29 Sam Houston State W 39-3 3-2 (1-0)
    October 6 at Texas A&M L 24-23 3-3 (1-1)
    October 13 at Nebraska W 45-14 4-3 (2-1)
    October 20 No. 25 Kansas State W 41-39 5-3 (3-1)
    November 3 No. 15 Texas L 38-35 5-4 (3-2)
    November 10 No. 4 Kansas L 43-28 5-5 (3-3)
    November 17 at Baylor W 45-14 6-5 (4-3)
    November 24 at No. 10 Oklahoma L 49-17 6-6 (4-4)
    December 31 vs. Indiana

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/teams/schedule?teamId=197&year=2007

Whackazz.

3. Major

Major Member

Why aren't you calling Bobby Reid rude? He's attacking your coach too - he directly called him a fraud and a liar. Your response is to post the QB's stats? What does that have to with whether the coach is a fraud? Can only good players criticize a coach?

4. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

^^^^

I was referring to 2007 of course.

You can't use our SOS against us because half of the top 10 teams don't have that good of a SOS anyways.

5. halfbreed

You do realize that out of the 6 games you bolded, you lost three, right?

You also realize that the other three were either unranked or ranked #25 right?

6. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

Umm......can't you tell that I'm on Gundy's side? So of course I don't agree with him, and do think he was a whiner because he simply lost his job fair and squared. He had all the talent in the world (think Vince Young), but he didn't use them like he should've have, and when he got injured, that just gave the coaches the opportunity to start Zac, who immediately jelled with the team and was a far more effective runner.

7. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

Either way, that schedule still added up to be in the top 20 in the Sargarin (sp?) ratings for the top SOS. Traditionally, our SOS was in the top 10. In fact, it was rated the number one SOS the first few weeks.

8. halfbreed

If you lose to the only good teams you play (oh, and Troy), SOS means nothing.

9. BenignDMD

BenignDMD Contributing Member

Texas is favored by 12.5 :D

10. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

Hey you know what misturrr?

Lets focus on da present, and right now we're undefeated (for now), and thats all I care about :D

Oh and btw, we also won at Texas Tech, and you could make the case that we should've beat Texas had it not been for our then-porous defense.

11. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

OSU plays Texas tough every year, so I know this game won't be a massive blowout.

12. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

13. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

sweet melt.

14. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

I know, right?

And rookie, I called you classless for the post below-

I have yet to see a Longhorn Fan come into your little melt and ask that you eat a bullet. Thin skinned much?

Jeebus.

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

jason....he's a man, he's 40 !!

DD

16. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

Actually he's 41 now I believe :cool:

Oh and Longhorn fan, don't think that I just got ticked off for nothing. Ever since you guys beat Mizzou, you immediately started acting all high and mighty, and you immediately shot me down condescendingly the moment I responded and called me classless when I try to defend my own team respectfully. Even after all the nice things I said about Mccoy and your team you and most UT fans here still act condescendingly towards me and fans like the Cat.

You're living in a delicate glass house my friend.

But regardless, I still respect UT and just hope for a good, competitive game, which has been the case the last decade or so (except for 2005), even if you guys always manage to come back and whoop our ass. ;)

But this year is different though. Despite what everyone says about our defense, we have a lot of playmakers on defense, especially in Jacob Lacey (who Colt Mccoy should recall intercepted two of his passes last time around) and Perrish Cox. But what I am concerned about is our front four and whether or not they can create sufficient pressure by themselves because we don't blitz much with our LB's.

On offense it all comes down to our running game vs your rush defense. We are mainly a run-first spread offense, which is rare for a spread offense. Right now you guys are first in the Big 12 in rush defense and ironically, we just also happen to be first in rush offense. LOL. So feel free to bring extra guys in the box, we welcome that tight coverage to allow man2man on our receivers, especially Dez Bryant, who I think is every bit as good as Maklin and Crabtree, if not better. He leads the Big 12 in yards and 2nd in TD's (he would be first if he as many catches as Crabtree, who has 51 compared to Dez's 45).

But your offense (ie Colt Mccoy) scares the heck out of me too. Last year, he single handedly put pressure on our lineman and corners not with his arm, but with his legs, often times getting to the edge untouched. This time though, we won't underestimate his athletic ability and play much more fundamentally. We held Robert Griffin, who has been getting hyped like heck for a Freshman, to only 11 yards rushing.

So there, feel free to rebuttal me or in the case of Longhorn fan, shoot me down and call me classless again then spit on me because we're poor old OSU and we're worth nothing. :rolleyes:

17. halfbreed

Actually I started ignoring what you had to say when you came into every UT gameday thread and posted nonstop about OSU. You have no idea what you are talking about with the entire above post (of which I quoted the first two paragraphs).

You didn't try to defend your team. You resorted to name calling and threats regarding an incident involving your coach. When you venture into threads that have nothing to do with your team (like, say, a game thread for UT vs. Mizzou) and act like a loudmouth regarding your team, be prepared to take some well-deserved flack.

18. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

A=B
    :p

19. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

i said it before the mizzou game and i'll say it again: Texas will win this one handedly... at least 2 touchdowns.

20. firecat

firecat Contributing Member

The reason why they called you classless is that you suggested that someone should be shot in the face. It doesn't matter how much trash people are talking about other schools, you can't call someone classless and then come back and suggest that by bringing up the meltdown of your coach they should be shot. That's not a classy comeback.

You seem confused on why you were called classless.