1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN College Gameday] #1 Texas vs. #11 Missouri

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by swyyyguy, Oct 16, 2008.

1. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

i was on campus today and they're already setting up the booth for espn college gameday! here are some photos i took. excuse the poor quality as they were taken with my k800i. look for me on tv on saturday!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Anyone else think Mizzou can actually win this thing? This is another game I am not touching with a 10ft pole (gambling wise).

3. dookiester

dookiester Member

post a pic of yourself plz so we know who to look for on saturday

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Nope...they don't stand a chance....they will hang close and UT will continue to hit Chase Daniels until their team capitulates.

UT 45
    Mizzou 24

DD

5. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I think they CAN. I don't think they will.

6. Fatty FatBastard

Thank you sooooooo much for the craptacular pictures of temporary tents.

7. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Dude... why?

8. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

don't hate because we're #1 and texas tech isn't.

9. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

you sound upset.

have another drink.

10. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

There's a reason the line has dropped rapidly from UT -7 to UT -5. Don't let emotional, knee-jerk fans (on both sides) cloud your judgment.

11. TexasFight

TexasFight Member

Sincere thanks from me for those pics... ******* do I miss Austin and UT...

12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I really just don't know. Daniels was off against OSU. They probably have some kind of ace up their sleeve for when the pressure comes. And their passing offense is just as deadly as Oklahoma's. Then again Texas could probably manage the field all game and blow them out. No way to tell IMO.

13. Fatty FatBastard

You sound like a t-shirt fan. Should've gone to a better school.

14. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Of course they have a shot. They have a top offense that can put points up at any time. IMO, UT's defense is going to pound the s*** out of Daniels. Mizzou's defense is not that good and can be beat deep. Watch for Cosby and Shipley to have another big game...all while opening up holes for McCoy and Ogbonnaya to run through. Basically...the same game plan as last week. Spread them out then run it down their throats.

15. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Anything can happen, and I'm certainly not stupid enough to say Texas can't win this game, especially at home in Austin. But people who didn't watch the Missouri-OSU game from start to finish really have no idea how much Missouri completely beat themselves. Wide open first downs bouncing off the hands for interceptions... point blank fumbles by OSU being ruled incomplete... two missed field goals by a guy who had never missed from inside 55 in the Big 12 in his entire career... inexplicable decision to kick a FG from the one-foot line... I could go on for days. Missouri, particularly offensively, had errors the likes of which I haven't seen in three years, combined.

Now, I'm not going to say anything negative about OSU. They deserved the win, and props to them. They've got a good team. The reason I mention those things is that when you look at a game and try to determine its predictive value going forward, you can't just look at the final score. You have to look at how it came to be, and I find it extremely unlikely for Missouri to have a game like that two weeks in a row, in terms of unforced errors.

Both teams are good here, but there's a reason Missouri was a top 5 team last season and was a top 5 team for almost all of this season. We're damn good, with NFL athletes all over the place on offense as well as a very strong front seven on defense. Texas is very good too, but anyone who thinks Missouri can't hang with UT is too focused on either one game or prestige and hasn't consistently watched both teams for all of this season and last season.

I think in Austin this is a tossup game, but I'm picking Missouri simply because I think this team is due and incredibly focused after the abomination that was last Saturday. I also think there's more of a sense of urgency with Missouri. If UT loses, they can come back, beat Missouri in the Big 12 title game and still play for the national title. If Mizzou loses, as far as the national title goes, we're done.

Mizzou 41, Texas 34

16. updawg

updawg Member

I didn't know you were an aggie

17. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

Someone shat in the oldman's metamucil this morning.

18. DPballer

DPballer Member

Most important stat of the game:

In the Mack Brown era, Texas is 10-0 in the game played immediately after the OU/TX game.

[​IMG]

19. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

?
    I don't get it. FFB is a Tech fan. What does that have to do with TAMU?

20. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

It'll be a good game. Would have been better if Mizzou hadn't lost last week.