1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ESPN CLASSIC: Hakeem day next sunday

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by francis 4 prez, Nov 4, 2002.

1. GB_Rocket

GB_Rocket Contributing Member

Ah, good point, lived.

Codell,
    How many hours of tape would you need to get the Hakeem stuff(and the Golden State game if you can manage it)? Got your email btw.

2. GB_Rocket

just pipped in fornt of me! Tonight's game against Golden State is the one we are referring to. I thought the NCAA game was on before the Knicks game.

3. codell

codell Contributing Member

Duh! Im a moron.

Im thinking there was a classic Hakeem game against GS being shown and thats what yall were talking about.

Just email me and well work it out. I really dont want to continue the details on this forum. Clutch and Jeff may have a problem with me violating copyright laws and all. lol

4. lived

lived Member

Okay, so according to the schedule, that's 7 hours actually.. (might want to recount that codell). So 4 2 hour tapes should cover that.. damn.. wonder what postage is going to cost me..

Codell, not too sure about the GS game.. although they should be showing it somewhere.. not too sure about the local TV listings in your area. I think some other guys should be able to fill in the broadcast details. After all, the uni retirement ceremony would be the main reason EPSN is showing all those games..

Anyone else here interested sharing the total costs?

5. lived

lived Member

GB_Rocket, could you email me regarding what games you want?

6. Sane

Sane Member

Assuming this goes from VCR to VCD like someone offered, would it then be possible to download that VCD format from somewhere? Like if it were placed on someone's website or anything like that?

you'd get too many requests for VCR tapes, and making them would be hectic, maybe this VCD thing is easier for everyone?

7. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Guys, this conversion of stuff to VCD and then having it available to download is illegal to the best of my knowledge... try to do this by email amongst yourselves, not on the bbs -- ie, try not to get the bbs or Clutch in trouble.

8. NewYorker

NewYorker Ghost of Clutch Fans

They are showing the Houston Louiville game (1983) at 12pm EST. So actually, it's 9 hours of tribute.

9. GB_Rocket

i would but when I click on your profile it says your email address is unavailable.

10. GB_Rocket

Apologies, Doc, Clutch et al. I didn't realise this.

11. lived

lived Member

Email me regarding this Sane.

12. lived

lived Member

Sorry about that.. i've made the changes.. drop me an email..

13. lived

lived Member

No worries DoD, never intended to make it available for download. I know my copyright laws =)

14. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Bumping this as a reminder... the Louisville vs. UH game is about to start in 9 minutes.

15. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Geez... how old am I? Milt Wagner is Dajuan Wagner's dad... :rolleyes:

16. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Damn, just now before the timeout, it brings back memories to see Hakeem w/ the REJECTION and Clyde the Glide w/ that FAST BREAK JAM!

17. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

Dang, your old, dude.:cool:

18. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Man, this is back when good defense created dunks, not bad defense. Those throwdowns by Young and Anders there were nasty!

19. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

geez i forgot how good the rockets used to be able to pass during these championship years. nice entry passes and overall great offensive organization. the rockets of 02-03 need to watching this

20. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

Holy crap!! you were right about a dunkfest. it didn't really get going until UH was down 57-49, and then it was on. 4 dunks (including a nasty facial by anders and that clyde switch from one hands to two dunk) in a 13-0 run. then hakeem went crazy with 5 minutes left and anders had that reverse two-hander. damn. and about 4 dunks were ruined by fouls. and louisville was getting their fair share too. now the john starks brick fest has started. funny i didn't remember that kenny smith bank shot 3 with the shot clock running down but as soon as hakeem through it to him it came back to me and i was like "it's gonna bank in!" and it did. man today is nice, may never leave the couch except to post in this thread.