1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] Chris Paul Wants to Win

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by nebula955, Jun 23, 2010.

1. nebula955

nebula955 Member

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5317801

Lock if posted?
    And.... Morey?

2. Mr Chuck Norris

I would Trade Brooks in a Heartbeat....

3. nebula955

nebula955 Member

If theoretically NJ did offer Harris and #3, we would need to offer Brooks, #14, a Knicks pick, and perhaps a bit more in Budinger (they would want cheaper) and perhaps expiring... and just to outbid NJ. But WHY do I think Chris Paul creating for Yao can solve most of our late-game fronting freezes that destroyed our offense?

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

That's not going to get anything done.

I'd trade Brooks, Hill, Budinger and our Knicks picks. A Kings ransom for a King.

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I'd rather have the real king. Both are out of reach. so it seems.

6. Melechesh

Melechesh Member

Screw Bosh, we want CP3! :eek:

7. Melechesh

Melechesh Member

Chris Paul is a superstar, a true leader. While CB4 is crying for attention on twitter CP3 is working his butt off in the gym.

8. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Not going to happen. Players like him, Kobe, D-Wade, make this case to their team front office in order to get a better surrounding cast.

When superstar players sense that the front office is more concerned with their finances then it is with bringing in big named talent, then it is their dutie to call them out. And the best way to do that is say what CP3 is saying, which is I am open to a trade if the Hornets really dont care about winning and wont spend the cash to do so.

Every free agent in the world should want to come and play with the best PG in the game right now but they dont... that is because they know New Orleans cant afford it.

Darren Collison gave us and other teams reason to believe that Chris Paul could become available but Collison is not a superstar and if New Orleans traded Paul it would considered one of the most lopsided trades ever made, no matter who or what they get in return.

1 person likes this.
  9. Jontro

Jontro Member

I dislike his flopping, but if CP3 wants to come here, I'd forget AB ever existed.

10. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Are the Rockets part of any player's wishlist? Somehow, I don't see it.

11. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Not necessarily true because of Paul's recent injury for which he needed Knee surgery. He hasn't proven he's back 100%. He only played 45 games this year.

I'm just saying.

12. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I'd do a Brooks + Jeffries + Battier + 14 for Paul.

I don't think its as heavy a price tag as it woulda been if we were trying to unload Tracy's contract like last year's trade deadline. He would be the playmaker we need to win in the playoffs and contend.

13. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Not even close to enough.

14. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Nope especially not for a guy who commands the ball. If the nets offered the 3 and harris for paul, why do people on this board bring up the 14 and something else?

15. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Did you not read the article? If Shinn is strapped for cash, it could happen. I have a hard time believing we could come up with a better package talent wise than Devin Harris and the #3 pick, but we could send them expirings, draft picks and young talent. We can hope.

16. acefan18

acefan18 Member

#14 pick and the right to swap those Knicks picks, plus Jeffries, Battier, and Brooks seems reasonable to me, new Orleans will probably want more though. Paul+Martin+Yao = very impressive team.

17. Marsarinian

Marsarinian Contributing Member

I would give up Brooks + Martin + Hill + any combination of draft picks and take on any bad contract for CP3... A legit superstar is worth gutting the team for. :cool:

18. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

Id give my car, ps3, microwave, and the rest of my blueberry waffles....

thats all i got....

1 person likes this.
  19. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Why would you go all in on your first attempt, that's a low ball and from there we of course would throw in NY picks and future picks. And negotiate.

20. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

That's the difference between Bosh and Paul. When Bosh says "I just want to win" I don't buy it one bit. When Paul says it I believe the guy would sell his mother for a Championship.