1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ESPN: Chiefs RB Larry Johnson arrested

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rockets34Legend, Sep 13, 2005.

1. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Might not be good for fantasy football leaguers...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2160514&name=FPT-2160514-091316&srvc=sz

Johnson arrested, charged in altercation with girlfriend

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Running back Larry Johnson was arrested Monday night after an altercation with his girlfriend early Saturday morning at a Kansas City bar, the latest in a series of troubles with the law for Kansas City Chiefs players.

Police Department spokesman Darin Snapp said Johnson turned himself in and was cited for domestic abuse assault. Johnson posted bond and was released, with a court date set for Sept. 20 on the misdemeanor charge.

Snapp said the girlfriend came into the bar and saw Johnson with a different woman. The 25-year-old girlfriend, of Overland Park, Kan., saw Johnson and walked the other way, Snapp said, but Johnson text messaged her on her phone and asked her to meet him downstairs.

The running back then grabbed the woman by the arm and pulled her to the front door, Snapp said, where Johnson asked the manager to make her leave. The manager said he couldn't do that.

Snapp said Johnson became irate after his girlfriend confronted his date. The running back grabbed the victim by the shoulders and shoved her, causing her to fall onto the floor, the police report said.

The girlfriend told The Kansas City Star, in a story on its Web site, that the police report was wrong and denied that she was pushed or dragged to the door. Snapp said the woman told police she didn't want Johnson arrested, but instead just wanted the incident documented.

Friends convinced the woman the next day to file a police report after seeing bruises on her arms, Snapp said.

Johnson ran for 110 yards and two touchdowns against the New York Jets the next day.

He is the latest of several Chiefs players who have gotten in trouble with the law either at bars or the result of alcohol.

During training camp, backup quarterback Todd Collins was involved in a melee at a restaurant and bar near River Falls, Wis.

In earlier incidents, kicker Lawrence Tynes was charged with breaking a bouncer's nose in a River Falls bar fight. Defensive tackle Junior Siavii and safety Greg Wesley also were arrested during camp after allegedly getting into a drunken confrontation with police in a Minneapolis hotel.

2. Aceshigh7

Aceshigh7 Contributing Member

Doesn't appear to be much to this incident at all.

3. mleahy999

mleahy999 Member

Dude should know better than to date locally. Women have a sixth sense for these things. However, my money is on Larry Johnson marrying this drama queen.

4. wesnesked

wesnesked Contributing Member

Hopefully he will be suspended..I can't have this guy taking carries away from Priest on my Fantasy team! And don't tell me anybody else who has Holmes on thier teams wasn't thinking the same thing when they read this.

5. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

I have no idea what you're talking about! :confused:

;)

6. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

This is crap, I was thinking about starting Larry this week!

7. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

What a dumbass...a drunk pro football player shoves her around AND she has evidence of infidelity? That's the easiest pay day ever...

8. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

That goes for me as well. :(

9. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

You guys are sick and have no respect for this woman who was assaulted.

<VDP goes off to change fantasy football line-up>

10. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

No sh*t, get a clue chick...Here's what she needs to do...Have make up sex and get pregnant, then get paid...

11. codell

codell Contributing Member

who in the hell goes to a bar in the morning? :confused:

besides RocketmanTex

12. JeeberD

JeeberD Contributing Member

Friday night after midnight = Saturday morning

13. codell

codell Contributing Member

I must be getting old ....when I hear "early morning", Im thinking 7:30am .... :eek: