1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] Chat with Chris Sheridan - TMac + Yao

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by freemaniam, Nov 24, 2009.

1. freemaniam

freemaniam 我是自由人

[rQUOTEr]Brandon (RVC, NY)

Do you see the Knicks making a move for T-Mac? Motivation would appear to be present on both ends, and the knicks have expiring contracts to match up. Thoughts?

Chris Sheridan (3:03 PM)

I see the motivation on the Knicks' part -- I have always said mcGrady is their panacea, if they can get Houston to take on Curry/Jeffries in such a deal -- but I think the Rockets would be silly to take either of those bad Knicks contracts unless what came along with it was too good to pass up, and I can't see NY putting together a package of anything -- unless you start throwing in multiple future No. 1 picks -- that would make the Rockets bite.[/rQUOTEr]

[rQUOTEr]Big J (T-Dot)

What does the future hold for Yao? Does he leave Houston?

Chris Sheridan (3:49 PM)

There are conspiracy theorists out there who were saying last summer they believe Yao will opt out of his contract next summer so he can sign with the Cavs. And yes, those theorists were from Cleveland. As for Yao himself, you have to understand what terrible condition his feet have been in throughout his career. Del Harris told me a story once about how Yao's big toe would bleed profusely evry single night when he played. So I think the year off will he good for him, so long as the surgery was indeed successful. Those feet needed a long, extended rest.[/rQUOTEr]

I guess that was before Yao's toe surgery? :eek:

[EDIT: http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/29579]

2. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I'd strongly consider it. I don't think we'll have the cap space in 2010 that we need for a premier FA, but even if we did this deal we would be in salary cap heaven in 2011. That is assuming the Knicks were to throw something sweet into the deal.

3. RedRowdy111

RedRowdy111 Contributing Member

4. Rockets Red Glare

Rockets Red Glare Contributing Member

5. bcast89

bcast89 Member

6. RedRowdy111

RedRowdy111 Contributing Member

7. redao

redao Member

8. Rocketman2000

Rocketman2000 Contributing Member

If we can't get anything else I'll take two future unprotected number 1#s, and a 2nd rounder (You know how morey finds those diamonds in the rough in the 2nd round).