1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] Chandler: Mavs will be great defensive team

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Carl Herrera, Sep 22, 2014.

?

How good will be the Mavs be defensively?

1. Top 10

10 vote(s)
    8.0%
  2. 11th to 20th

76 vote(s)
    60.8%
  3. Bottom 10

39 vote(s)
    31.2%
  1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Arguable

Spurs 1-2
    OKC 1-2

Clippers: 3-4
    Rockets: 3-5
    Blazers: 4-5

Warriors: 6-8
    Memphis:5-8

I am not sure if we go as high as 3rd seed or better(I think in history of the WC this has not been achieved many times by the Rockets)

Mavs are in the group with the Warriors, Phoenix, Pelicans and perhaps another young team for the 6-8th seed.

Another scenario: we could be in the group of 6-7th seeds but Mavs won't likely be a high seed anyway.

West is too tough to predict anything but if I would guess another series with Portland would be more likely.

2. Karolik

Karolik Member

EVERY single player on their team except for Tyson Chandler is a below average- terrible defender.

If Carlisle can get them playing top 10 defense, then he is a wizard. ;)

3. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Fair point. It is likely that us and Portland end up 4 and 5 again.

I actually think the Rockets are one of the more unpredictable teams. It is very conceivable that we get to 3 and the Mavs is 6.

We can also drop below 5, but I can't imagine the Mavs go higher than 4.