1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[espn]Chad Ford talking on Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by romain, Feb 23, 2011.

1. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

When did draft picks become useless? Thats just a stupid quote. Explain how trading Landry and TMac for Martin, Hill and a 1st round pick was not good for the Rockets? Martin alone was worth TMac and Landry. As for the 2012 pick, we will just have to wait and see how that works out but Morey's record of getting quality players late in the 1st round or in the second round is proven.

2. Corpusfan

Corpusfan Member

I doubt Morey's really trying to move Martin in a trade. He brought him here and he knows he's a good second option, so that piece is in place. He may not play defense, but he quietly and efficiently scored 30 points last night. He should be part of the plans going forward.

3. tharges

tharges Member

Chad Ford-Update

1:14 [Comment From guestguest: ]
    Chad, please tell me the rockets are gonna do something
    Thursday February 24, 2011 1:14 guest
    1:15 Chad Ford: They're trying like crazy. Morey has been one of the most active GMs over the last month. He made a big push for Carmelo Anthony. Tried to pry Deron Williams away from Utah. Made an aggressive play for second tier players like Nene and Danny Granger. Even went after the Kings' Samuel Dalembert. So far, he's come up empty.

Wednesday evening a number of GMs reported receiving multiple texts/calls from Morey proposing trades -- some big, some small, some outlandish.

"Everyone on their team is up for grabs," one Western Conference GM told ESPN.com. "Everyone."

Over the course of the last 24 hours, we're hearing the Rockets getting involved in smaller targets like Jonny Flynn and Hasheem Thabeet. I'd be shocked if something didn't happen

4. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

Comment From guest:
    Chad, please tell me the rockets are gonna do something

Chad Ford:

They're trying like crazy. Morey has been one of the most active GMs over the last month. He made a big push for Carmelo Anthony. Tried to pry Deron Williams away from Utah. Made an aggressive play for second tier players like Nene and Danny Granger. Even went after the Kings' Samuel Dalembert. So far, he's come up empty.

Wednesday evening a number of GMs reported receiving multiple texts/calls from Morey proposing trades -- some big, some small, some outlandish.

"Everyone on their team is up for grabs," one Western Conference GM told ESPN.com. "Everyone."

Over the course of the last 24 hours, we're hearing the Rockets getting involved in smaller targets like Jonny Flynn and Hasheem Thabeet. I'd be shocked if something didn't happen

http://espn.go.com/nba/notebook?page=dailydimelive

5. greatpacha1

greatpacha1 Member

something happen then!! lol

6. buffalobills!!!

Nothing is gonna happen.

7. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Unfortunately, i think Ford is refering to even a minor trade.... not that he'd be surprised if a singificant move wasn't made...

8. romain

romain Member

“Outlandish!”

What kind of trade proposal can be called outlandish?!

9. Mr Chuck Norris

Probably the outlandish was Monta Ellis/Biendris for Martin/Yao

10. ThaShark316_28

Check these out..

A deal that WAS discussed today but I'm now told is unlikely to happen featured Houston's Aaron Brooks and Battier to Portland for Camby

Marc Stein

Sources say Bobcats turned to Houston and Cleveland for Gerald Wallace after Blazers talks broke down. Cleveland a no-go.

Ken Berg

11. ThaShark316_28

Rockets "chomping for a deal," another source says. Battier could be part of Wallace deal, but feeling among execs is Wallace stays.

Ken Berg

Wonder if "execs" are people around the league.

12. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

...I have a hard time believing notoriously savvy GM Daryl Morey is involved in talks to land not one but two of the biggest draft busts of recent memory unless it's to also acquire some other asset in the trade like picks. Sounds like teams like Minni & Memphis leaking that info.