1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[espn]Chad Ford talking on Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by romain, Feb 23, 2011.

1. delta69er

delta69er Member

Our problem right now isn't convincing a star to come to Houston. It's trying to convince another team's front office that our "assets" are worth one superstar.

2. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Yep. He got traded for peanuts.

I doubt Ronny watches many games. But but but he knows what he's talking about. He has supposedly slept with 3 models in the past 6 nights :confused: :rolleyes:

3. thephatp

thephatp Contributing Member

I get it. I really do. But seriously...this team has been plagued like no other when it comes to their superstars. Who knew that Yao would be done this quickly? Shaq is still going. There was plenty of reason to believe Yao would last several more years. What about trading Yao, you ask? Well, I seriously believe that comes down to business, and Yao brought in tons of $$ in numerous ways. Made me mad as a fan, but I understand. And TMac...sure he could have used an attitude adjustment, but still can't control the injuries he had. The Rockets team of the last couple of years would have been serious contenders with a healthy superstars. As for development, I pin that on RA, not Morey.

I'm suffering with the Astros, and I'm still mad about the Oilers leaving, so I'm not going to speak for the Texans. But the Astros started making good moves last year to help rebuild, and they have reiterated the value of their farm system. They have to build at some point. The sooner the better.

I'm not saying Morey doesn't deserve some of the blame. But you have to remember some of the trades he has pulled off in the last couple of years and very little. You can't win every year. Maybe this is one of those.

4. pugsly8422

pugsly8422 Contributing Member

Lol, nice new signature!

I still think something is going to go down, and it will include players we weren't expecting. Morey will use his deceivery (sp?) to throw everyone off, then come out of nowhere with a deal. Now the big question is the size of the deal....a #1 for T-Will, Bobby Jackson for Artest, Landry for Martin, or will we finally take that next step and grab a superstar?

Pugs

5. BeARocketsFan

BeARocketsFan Member

Yes, Landry was a toss-in, the real trade was Martin for T-Mac, which was a huge step up for the Rockets. I loved T-Mac's whining last night for a T. Typical.

6. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

[​IMG]

7. shakes05

shakes05 Rookie

But where is Ron Artest now? My bad, he won a NBA Championship with the Lakers the following year! I truly believe that the players don't have respect for our GM...I don't think they support his vision, so that's why they come and go...

8. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Go back to lurking.

9. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

LMAO!

Dude that’s how I feel every time somebody calls Morey a genius or puts that dumb ass pic of him up, or says that Chuck Hayes is the Defensive Player of the Year, or tries to explain how Kubiak is still employed. AHHH! The bliss of mediocrity.

10. blackistan

blackistan Member

No surprise here

11. ctry2582

ctry2582 Member

Nobody saw us trading for Ron Artest.

Nobody saw us realistically trading for Kevin Martin.

It's not over until it's over

12. BrownBeast99

BrownBeast99 Member

I believe the issue is that while Morey is GREAT at getting quality underrated role players without giving up much, other GM's don't value our players as much as we do and that may come back to bite us in the butt. The "assets" that Morey raves about are assets to this team but I'm not sure other GM's view it the same way. Still a lot of time left to make a big deal and Morey is a great GM so I hope he can pull one out of his hat tonight and shock us all.

13. MightyMog

MightyMog Member

our Asset was designed to look good with a 7'6 Center....since than our assets has looked average.

14. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

The same way we feel when you type in all caps. You need to read the CBA. DM hasn't had the capacity to do much. His 2 biggest mistakes was signing Ariza, which he flipped for a better player on a rookie contract. The other was Brad Miller who becomes an expiring contract after this season.

15. houstonhoya

houstonhoya Contributing Member

you are silly and ill-informed.

16. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

When it was clear that neither of our superstars would return that year, it became a waste to re-sign Ron. Ron Artest as Option #1 was too scary a proposition for Les.

17. shakes05

shakes05 Rookie

That's whats up...first learn how to use words in context and then you can reply to me about how greatly we've disappointed our fans of the Houston Rockets...the END!!!

18. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

When does it start being his fault?

19. hourocket365247

I wonder if the ROX organization inc. Morey visit clutchfans to hears us out :confused:

20. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I'm not going to worry until Morey gets on the radio and in the Chronicle and says the Rockets already have one of the biggest free agent acquisitions coming back for 2011-2012....a healthy Aaron Brooks!!!