1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] Chad Ford reports again (Rox mention)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Furious Jam, May 25, 2006.

1. Furious Jam

Furious Jam Contributing Member

http://insider.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?name=ford_chad#20060525

Chad Ford says that the Blazers are holding a fire sale (no pun intended), and that they are seeking lotto picks in return, including possibly the Rockets' pick:

Portland Trail Blazers: It appears there's going to be a fire sale in Portland this summer. Multiple league executives say that just about everyone, with the exception of Martell Webster, will be available this summer as Nate McMillan and company try to clean house.

Zach Randolph, Darius Miles, Theo Ratliff and even Sebastian Telfair can be had. The 30th and 31st picks in the draft are also for sale. The price? The Blazers want another top-10 draft pick to go along with No. 4. The targets? They'd like to get a scorer like LaMarcus Aldridge or Adam Morrison with one pick and Brandon Roy with the other one.

The Timberwolves at No. 6, the Celtics at No. 7, the Rockets at No. 8 and the Warriors at No. 9 could all be potential trade partners. All four teams are looking for more immediate help than the draft can provide.

Speaking of the Blazers, check out the studs in this big-time workout scheduled to go down in Portland on June 15: Morrison, Rudy Gay, Roy and Randy Foye.

Will be interesting to see, with the Blazers falling to No. 4, whether they can still get all four of those guys in.

2. RocketsMac

RocketsMac Member

if we can trade draft pick for Darius Miles, Randolph, or telfair straight up, I would do it anytime.. .that would be great for us.. Miles is athletic, great rebounder, not bad shooting.. Randolph is a great player, I dont think they'll do it for draft pick only... telfair would be great for this team (maybe we can package Alston and draft pick for him)..

3. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

OK, obviously this has got to be straight up trolling and you expect to be flamed.

4. JamesC

JamesC Member

I'd love to get Telfair and Travis Outlaw.

5. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

Zach is way overpaid and would only clog up the lane and take away touches from Yao. Miles has a bad attitude, can't shoot, and has absolutely no value right now. Ratliff would be a $12 million Deke on this team, and Telfair isn't better than Rafer. The only guy from the Blazers that I would remotely want is Travis Outlaw. And I wouldn't want him for the #8.

6. The Hungarian Rocket

I don't know... I do not like Miles, I hope we can draft a better player with the 8th pick. Randolph is an excellent player but risky (injury, menthally). Telfair is not ready now, he can be a good player... But I don't think we need him.

7. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

There is nothing but garbage on that roster. Ratlif's contract (ends in 2007/8) might have some appeal if we can swing a J-wan and/or Raefer, Swift trade, but then Portland would seek our 8th. In which case I'll pass. Again, Protland is saddled with garbage in terms of talent and saleries. Don't even entertain a deal with them folks.

8. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Telfair may not be better than Alston, but he has more upside and gets paid less. Also, having Telfair on our roster would give us more freedom to move Alston if a team is interested. I don't think I'd be excited about trading our pick for Telfair straight up, but if they're desperate enough to take our pick in exchange for Telfair and Outlaw, I'd jump on that.

9. waelhakmeh

waelhakmeh Member

i was under the impression that darius miles would be a good fit on this team. good wingspan, athletic, has an ok shot. admittedly i haven't seen any jailblazer games this year, but i remember last year people were drooling at the possibility of acquiring him.

10. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

That was before he got his big contract, before his numbers declined as a result and before the reports that he shows up to practice and games reeking of alcohol.

11. Diaw

Diaw Member

i hope we'll keep our #8, dont want anything the blazers have to offer (or maybe telfair, but i think that if the rox want a pg, marcus williams will be a better player and could be available when we'll pick)

12. Furious Jam

Furious Jam Contributing Member

I posted this because the Roxs are mentioned, but the Blazers have nothing that I would trade #8 for. Ratliff is washed up, Randolph is a blackhole, Miles can't shoot, and Telfair is completely unproven. Also, Randolph and Miles bring a lot of baggage, both in terms of attitudes and their contracts. Miles, in particular, would be a great 6th man... at half the price.

There's a reason why these guys have been bad for awhile now. The Celtics and the Hawks have more intriguing pieces.

13. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

Why do people like Telfair? Because of the street cred ESPN has given him? Because he starred in his own mini-movie? A 5'11 teenage PG who can't defend, can't shoot, not what a championship team needs right now.

14. percicles

Please remind me of the last NY area PG who materialized a fraction of his hype.

Not Raefer
    Not Strawberry
    Not Kenny Anderson

Rule of thumb NY point gaurds never pan out.

"F**k the uptown brothers. They never pass the ball, they don't want to play defense, they take fives steps on every lay-up to the hoop..."
    -Monty Brogan, 25th Hour

15. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

saving tinman the trouble:

[​IMG]

16. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

telfair, miles and randolph...amazing how so much talent can cause so little interest.

17. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

You're probably think of jopatmc. He's done enough drooling over miles for the entire board.

18. barbourdg

barbourdg Contributing Member

Miles? this has to be a joke, if you like that trade idea. Why not trade #8 for Eddie Griffin, or Candiman while your at it.

Even though we need a 2 guard, lets say Sheldon Williams blows away the scouts in the workouts. I would bet a $1000 that Sheldon Williams would School Miles any day of the week, on both ends. He may not be a star, just like Elton Brand was labeled coming out. But he is a beast around the boards, and has a wing span similar to Elton Brand.

If Roy is gone, I say trade down to the Hornets and pick up 2 first round picks. We may get lucky and end up with Williams, Brewer and possibly still get Novak in the 2nd round. That would be a hell of a draft for youth.

19. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

so they are willing to trade a 2nd year guy they drafted out of high school already? wow.

20. percicles

I didn't forget about my boy Kenny. I was hoping someone would mention him to illustrate my point. It's been 20 years since the NY produced a PG worth a darn.