1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] Carmelo Anthony to sign with Rockets if buyout reached

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RKREBORN, Jun 28, 2017.

1. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Lmaooo

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

if you're going to criticize cp3 and harden as not being clutch just based on these examples alone, then i see really no reason why you believe Melo is more reliable when he hasn't been for the longest. and yes hes had plenty of opportunities to hit big shots in the last several seasons.

3. Asian Sensation

Did you read my original post about Melo? I said more or less if CP3 and Harden can get us to situations they've been in an and struggled (playoffs) Melo could be the closer/answer.

4. choujie

choujie Member

Even those three had trouble meshing together.

However, they were all in their prime, They all could play good defense. They also had a very strong supporting cast.. With all those things going for them, they beat an inexperienced Thunders and got lucky to steal game 6 from Spurs for two championships. They didn't have to face a team like Warriors in finals.

Both Melo and CP3 are starting to go down hill, Melo and Harden are known terrible defensive players, There will be no bench left if Melo is traded to Rockets. Warriors' core is much younger and they have not lost any key player yet.

Last time Dantoni coached Melo, it was a disaster.

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

yeah i saw that, that's why i said if you are down on cp3/harden then i don't really see how melo is the closer/answer when his credibility isn't any better then the other two. I mean i get melo as a player and all but just going off your logic

6. 1Deep

1Deep Member

So we're hoping the Knicks will take Ryno and all these non-guaranteed dudes for Melo? Do they even have somebody in place to make trades since Phil is gone?

7. Asian Sensation

Because he's a prolific scorer and negates the Harden apologists arguments that Harden "ran out of gas" or had "too big of a load" and was "tired".

8. Reeko

Reeko Member

Their GM Steve Mills is still there. Phil was never the GM for the Knicks, he was their President of Basketball Operations.

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

yeah I know hes a scorer, primarily why i think he fits well next to harden/cp3, but just clearly letting him take the last shot with the game on the line isn't as clear cut choice to me if I'm basing it on who has been able to hit big shots or make big plays throughout their careers

10. Reeko

Reeko Member

I don't like the idea of trading for Melo at all. I'd much rather do a S&T for Paul Millsap. He'd help us a lot more. He's a MUCH better defender than Melo, is more unselfish, can still provide 15+ ppg, and would be more willing to settle in as a 3rd option. I like him going up against Draymond Green and holding his own on switches against GS. Plus, he doesn't have any bad history with MDA.

today and xtruroyaltyx like this.
  11. Asian Sensation

That's a discussion for another time when we're in that position. Also it's just my personal preference if it came down to it I'd pick Melo since he's got the best Midrange jumper and length to get his shot off between the 3. Ideally when you have that many superstar scorers/playmakers you'd want the open guy to shoot. Furthermore, it makes defenses accountable and they won't be able to double any of those 3. Either way the whole basis of my original argument is that I think Melo can help us. A lot.

YOLO likes this.
  12. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

13. Play07

Play07 Member

Man Anderson got us in some deep stuff, if only he hit some shots during playoffs, he wouldn't be that hard to move, he had a good rep until playoffs came around smh

14. MasterBindo

MasterBindo Member

Yea, I'm thinking we are just about out of assets.

15. thedude077

thedude077 Member

I hate Ryan Anderson. He ruined this team's hopes.

16. Lightsnowaction

Hope PG wants to a one year rental here before going to LA.

17. MystikArkitect

Without Ryno we weren't the 3 seed and Harden doesn't have the year he had. Dude was inconsistent but the way this board brushes off his threat from deep freeing up his teammates is nuts.

clutch citizen likes this.
  18. rocketseagles07

The problem is do we have anything they want... if we did we would've had him already... maybe we really can't move ryno

19. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Knicks playing hardball for melo. Damnit

20. PatBev

PatBev Member

Sign Reddick and trade Gordan & Anderson should get it done

BHannes2BHonest likes this.