1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN/Broussard] Caron Butler on Rockets' Wish List

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets934life, Jan 11, 2010.

1. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

Hinrich sucks, move on.

Unless we can get D Williams, or a CP cal. player, I think we are fine with Brooks/Lowry for PG.

2. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

no one had written anything positive about hinrich prior to your post.

3. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

hinrich is a nice player, but far from a baller in the nba. the guy has never been a big assist pg. he isn't an amazing shooter and he doesn't get to the line much. sure he is a great defender and good 3 point shooter, but 9 mil per year for a backup pg is a painful contract to have. maybe he needs a change of scenery, but the guy is shooting 38% from the field this year and he is 41% for his career.

4. SpaceCityKid

SpaceCityKid Rookie

E johnsosn? Haha Atlanta is not going to cut him out of the picture in Atlanta, they're Rollin so why would their gm want to break that up, hawks are going to be good for a long time. I day dream about Josh smith going to the rockets a nice 3/4. But like I said Atlanta isn't looking to move it's key guys any time soon.
    Let's get rid of Tmac already, Im
    still a fan and think he can play in the league just not at the same intensity, we would all love to have T stay but he's been causing so much drama around the Rockets just get rid of him and get Iggy I don't care what he is now, I care for what he'll be nxt year and the upcoming years.
    With iggy and Yao in the lineup, we can have some veterans sign on and orake other trades in the off season. I love Brooks, I just wish he had more height. But Ive always been with the little man since he was ballin in Oregon.

Daryl morey make us happy!

5. killtaker

killtaker Member

Why not? Toronto gains 3 legitimate rotation players with decent contracts for their star (who may end up declining his option this summer) and a mid-1st rounder. They'd look like this:

TORONTO
    Jack/Calderon
    DeRozan/Ariza
    Turkoglu/M.Miller
    Landry/A.Johnson
    Bargnani/Nesterovic

Washington would consider this because you take Caron and Miller contracts away.. Who knows, maybe they flip Jamison to Cleveland for expirings and get out of the Arenas contract, too. Clean slate for them.

WASHINGTON
    Foye/Boykins
    N.Young/Stevenson
    McGrady/McGuire
    Jamison/Blatche
    Haywood/McGee

Rockets would look like this:

ROCKETS
    Brooks/Lowry
    Butler/Wafer?
    Battier/Budinger
    Bosh/Scola
    Yao/Hayes/Andersen

That said, I like the Chicago route, too. Noah, Hinrich, B.Miller, Deng, even Salmons would do well in our system.

6. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

So, what you're saying is, he possesses the traits that Daryl Morey has been very vocal are the most undervalued and contribute the most to team success (especially with a post presence like Yao), but he doesn't have good assist numbers? Okay.

Man, if only he were more like Stephon Marbury. That guy racked up tons of assists and has greatly contributed to his teams' success over the years.

P.S. He's overpaid??? I didn't realize that and state it in the post you just quoted. Oh, wait. I did. My bad. :p

7. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Honestly, I think I'm going to have to start a movement to fire Daryl Morey. Not because the job he's doing is bad, to the contrary, because he is doing too good of a job.

How am I supposed to weigh in on subjects like who would be a better acquisition for the Rockets between Iggy and Butler when, in the end, we'll find out who the best acquisition is because that will be who Morey acquires. Then, only the most brazen of posters will dare even question it. And, more often than not, it will be the dumbest of posters.

This site should test potential new members with the following question:

"Do you think you're smarter than Daryl Morey?"

Because if the answer is yes, you're a moron and shouldn't be allowed to post here. :grin:

Hell, that should be the first question on IQ tests.

8. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  9. harryrms

harryrms Member

He is talking about two possible trades mentioned in the article. You are talking about something impossible.

10. Scarface281

Scarface281 Member

There is no way Toronto gives up their first round pick. We would give up our own if anything.

11. blacktopKING

blacktopKING Member

Best post in this thread.

12. h0uston83

h0uston83 Member

I really do think, if the Rockets were to complete this deal:

T. McGrady for Butler, Foye & Miller...

Then this would most likely mean that either Ariza or Battier would get traded..on a seperate deal involving a center.

I honestly think, that secretly Daryl Morey is shopping Ariza..and is whispering the availability of Shane Batter being out on the Trade Market..

It's obvious, the Rockets starting 5..do not gel well together..a change in any of the 2,3,4 & 5 positions' will occur.

13. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Sign me up to that. Toronto wouldn't give up the pick. Rockets would have to do that. And if I was Houston I would gladly do so.

Keep in mind, as long as we have the cash cow that is Yao Ming, Les is more willing to BUY 1st and 2nd round picks. So giving up our own pick isn't as big a deal. That's one of the great side benefits of having Yao, buy picks to restock assets for future use.

14. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

he is painfully overpaid for what he would be for us...a backup pg. he can't create enough to take brooks' spot is what my point was with the assists. yes he is better than lowry but is he worth the extra 6 million per year? he would clearly be an upgrade but that is a very high price to pay.

further, it's not as if hinrich is an unknown commodity like a lowry who was being tossed to the side. he has been in the league for 7 years. also, he just isn't that great of a 3pt shooter. he is good...meaning he is a top 50 3pt shooter. that kind of shooting combined with his 2pt shooting % and his inability to get to the line makes it very hard to justify spending that much to upgrade lowry imo.

15. Sooner423

Sooner423 Member

Hinrich has the size to guard 2's. I could see him and Brooks starting in the same backcourt.

16. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Chad Ford says that the Bulls are trying to move Hinrich and Salmons to create more cap room for the Bulls to attract TWO max FAs this offseason.

Clearly the Bulls are using Tyrus Thomas as the sweetener to any deal.

If I was Morey I would ask for Noah instead which is what it sounds like Morey is doing. Noah and Hinrich (+Salmons) would be a nice haul for Tmac if that was the case. Would give Morey more quality assets to deal with for now and future moves.

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

Nothing from the Bulls really attracts me besides Rose and he aint going anywhere.

18. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

The only reason they dont play well together is because we only have 2 scorers in the game... ScolAaron. Battier is inconsistent with this scoring, Hayes can only make layups...usually reversals which he ends up missing or gets blocked at times, and then there's Ariza - dont even need to go into Ariza's weakness.

I think the plan would be to keep both Battier and Ariza off the bench in the 6th/7th man role. Make Scola expendable to give more PT to Landry as a starter. Landry could really do some damage playing more than 35mins/game.

In games he's played over 30 mins this season, Landry's averaging 22.6ppg and 7rebs. Don't know if they'd wanna part with that UNLESS they get Chris Bosh in return.

19. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

don't get me wrong. i like hinrich's game a lot and i could see that lineup, but the contract is just far too much. unless morey really believes he can become the player of 06-07 then the trade is pretty risky.

btw i did just take a look at his 'as a starter' numbers since rose has been drafted and they are very impressive, but it is a very small sample size.

20. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

it is more quality assets, but we have to find a way to get a superstar. the bottom line is that hall of famers win championships. hopefully, morey can find a way to do this.