1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN/Broussard] Caron Butler on Rockets' Wish List

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets934life, Jan 11, 2010.

1. rockets934life

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/12221/caron-butler-on-rockets-wish-list

2. OldSchool34

OldSchool34 Member

They should throw in Haywood with Butler, but it seems unlikely. Haywood is highly underrated.

3. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

[​IMG]
    I have my doubts about this guy, but his stats check out. I wonder what Ariza's numbers would look like on that Wizard's team.

4. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Any deal would be great as long as Mcgrady pisses off.

5. v3.0

v3.0 Member

I'd rather have Iggy than Butler.

6. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

I'm not sure I would put much stock in anything Broussard says...seems like he does a lot of talking, but very rarely does it seem he has any real news to report.

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

Heh clearly Morey wants to aquire a PF of some sort from a team. Seems to be his main target. (Noah?, Bosh, Stoudemire, Hill, Randolph). Someone read between the lines, what is Morey's interest in the PF position? Gonna let Scola walk? A future trade? What? lol

8. asmith8266

asmith8266 Member

I've said it all along:

Butler
    Miller
    Haywood

for

McLady
    Dorsey
    Cook

Get. It. Done.

9. PeppermintCandy

Maybe Luol Deng? His contract runs through 2013, though.

10. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Member

A lot of writers make good points about Iguodala being a B grade talent. With Yao capable of being shut out down the stretch with zone defenses, we need more than B tier star for max money. Iguodala is never injured and puts up good fantasy stats but his impact on the game isn't what you would expect from a max player. He never dominates, doesn't have a refined offensive game and is a below average perimeter shooter.

Guys like Butler and Kevin Martin might not be the complete package Iguodala is, but I think Houston appreciates their ability to create in a half court set and go on offensive hot streaks. I.e., Houston is in the market for a pure scorer at the 2,3 or 4 spot.

11. OldSchool34

OldSchool34 Member

I'd rather have LeBron than Iggy.

12. ceonwuka

ceonwuka Member

I think what all those guys have is an ability to play next to or behind Yao. As we currently stand, all of our bigs can only play one position really (Scolandry are too small to play Center, and while chuck is a great defender, its tough for him to get rebounds when the other teams Center actually pays attention to him)

I actually really like Noah, I think he'd fit right into this team. He's a hardworking team player who busts his a** on the court. He would definitely give us a certain swagger we haven't had since Bob Sura. He's already a great re bounder/shot blocker and he's a pretty good passer/ball handler for a big man. Most importantly he can play 4/5 effectively which is very important if we want to be contenders against teams with size (Lakers/Boston/Cleveland or teams with athleticism Orlando/Atlanta/Dallas).

I dont really see Chicago getting rid of him without giving up Hinrich as I would imagine them to be quite high on him. And Hinrich's cool, but he sux for what he's getting paid.

13. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Member

Hinrich is terrible and doesn't have the consistent playmaking or court vision you'd want in a PG that makes $9 million a year. He's worth $3 million a year and nothing more.

This place, along with Bill Worrell, loves to inflate the value of white guards. It boils down to relatability at the end of the day.

14. larsv8

larsv8 Member

I don't like Caron Butler, I dont think he would be good here.

The biggest news I see in this snippet is that the Iggy/Dalembert deal is alive and possible. Coupled with a Bosh trade, that deal not only makes us a contender, but a potential dynasty.

15. davidkconover

davidkconover Member

I would trade for Noah, Hinrich and/or Deng would fit on our team perfectly. While we lose 15 - 18 range shooting range that Scola brings (assuming he would have to be moved in the trade as well) - I love Noah as a player and think he would be an upgrade (his defense would really help cover up Yao next year).

A pg/sg rotation of Brooks/Lowry/Hinrich is pretty tough.
    A sg/sf rotation of Ariza/Battier/Deng/Bud is an upgrade.
    a pf/c rotation of Hayes/Noah/Landry is also very good.

We are still lacking a strong wing scorer (although Deng can be efficient) but I like it.

16. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Member

Interesting... is Morey going after the Hayesfan Memorial Joakim Noah Trade?

17. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Member

People are finally starting to realize how awful Hinrich is. This board was clamoring for him for years. I didn't think it was the "white" blinders, though.

18. v3.0

v3.0 Member

I'd rather use a more appropriate player to display the no duh sarcasm, as Lebron > Iggy is way bigger than Iggy > Butler, so fail on the funny.

19. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

You are so not looking at bigger picture.

MM gives us 3 pt depth if we can resign w/ Yao here. Butler gives exactly the same. Those 2 players fit Yao's rockets slow style. Worst case Butler's 8 mill is only contract left after this season, so we still have a bunch of room to resign Landry, Lowry, Scola, etc.

Iggy has a BUNCH of problems
    #1) He is best when he is slashing, Yao clogs the lane bad.
    #2) His contract is HORRENDOUS for a role player. Max for next 3 or 4 years is absurd, he is no where near worth that.
    #3) Dalembert would absolutely f w/ our ability to make those morey move signing for cheap. Its a big obstructive contract.

I say Iggy is worth trading for IF AND ONLY IF, #1 we get Bosh, #2 we don't have to take back Dalembert. Seeing how both together are highly unlikely, I don't think trading for iggy is worth it.

1 person likes this.
  20. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Member

Sigh.. I may never feel the same about Daryl and his magic again.

It will pain me greatly to have to root for that floppy haired yahoo.

I choose the Butler deal instead please.